DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
taniaaust1

Re: DEILD

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Dec 2013 00:13

btifuldreamer wrote:Thanks Tania i'll use your suggestions! :D
Summerlander wrote:For me, DEILD is the fastest and most effective way of entering the lucid dream world. It's like the technical effort has already been made for you. All that remains, at least in my case, is to get out of bed to find that the surroundings are not the real world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ahh good i thought i might be alone on this because no one else said this is the best technique :? But we all have our own opinions. How do you remember to keep your eyes shut and not move? I did that the other night and i was ready but i saw a scary movie earlier so i didn't want to do it :( But maybe next time! :)

Nothing at all wrong with this technique. I dont know why it doesnt get much mention. Maybe there is no best technique thou, what best for one isnt necessarily the best for another. This one thou is one which everyone should try as it does often work very well.

Its a technique I used to use extremely successfully a lot (when I was newer to LD). I still do use it nowdays at times when I drop out from from WILD LDs, I use it to reenter back into the LD. So even if this technique isnt being used for someone to have a LD in the first place, its still a handy technique to know and use at times.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Dec 2013 07:54

taniaaust1 wrote:
btifuldreamer wrote:Thanks Tania i'll use your suggestions! :D
Summerlander wrote:For me, DEILD is the fastest and most effective way of entering the lucid dream world. It's like the technical effort has already been made for you. All that remains, at least in my case, is to get out of bed to find that the surroundings are not the real world.

Ahh good i thought i might be alone on this because no one else said this is the best technique :? But we all have our own opinions. How do you remember to keep your eyes shut and not move? I did that the other night and i was ready but i saw a scary movie earlier so i didn't want to do it :( But maybe next time! :)

Nothing at all wrong with this technique. I dont know why it doesnt get much mention. Maybe there is no best technique thou, what best for one isnt necessarily the best for another. This one thou is one which everyone should try as it does often work very well.

Its a technique I used to use extremely successfully a lot (when I was newer to LD). I still do use it nowdays at times when I drop out from from WILD LDs, I use it to reenter back into the LD. So even if this technique isnt being used for someone to have a LD in the first place, its still a handy technique to know and use at times.

Ahh i see. So it's a very good technique for beginners but not many people no about it....cool. Haven't really been trying to LD lately but now that the holidays have started I'll start again!!
Summerlander wrote:My friend, I live for the DEILD method. This method is about the following: to naturally exit the dream state to briefly dip your head in conscious juice (yeah, like borrowing the 'waking' element) and lucidly return to dreamland.

You will naturally catch those moments when you exit a dream and your body is very still and your eyes are shut. All you have to do is look for them. When you catch that moment, you know what you do? Just get up immediately (an apparent separation from the sleeping body stencil).

The truth is that the first sensations of a bed beneath you are not real anyway. They are phantom. So up you get! Don't worry about moving physically. Dont even think about how you will do it. Just do it! Once up then you can question the nature of the environment and perform tests.

If "separation" fails, then there is an algorithm of action upon awakenings to follow as plan "B". It's just cycling through simple techniques. But you want to avoid faffing with these. What you really want is to nail plan "A" - become a master of separating from your perceived body upon awakening.

I'm posting an explanatory diagram about that algorithm as soon as I get near my PC.

DEILD rules!

So basically as soon as you realize you have exited a dream you just immediately get up? I see how that can work... Do you get up in your mind or do you actually get up as if it were real life, but it's a dream? There's the odd few times i can feel the dream ending and realize when i wake up but most of the time i just open my eyes and move not remembering the dream. I feel i know how to do this technique but i just don't havethe full grasp on it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Dec 2013 12:34

You got it! As soon as you feel the exit from a dream and the bed beneath you, do not open your eyes. Just get up. And getting up means really moving in terms of perception. Do not imagine movement. Actually move! But don't tense your muscles either. In fact, dont even think about how you move. Do it! You will instinctively know how.

This method is so simple and effect (the reason why it's appropriate for the novice

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Dec 2013 12:45

*sorry, my stupid phone again...

It's effective. A lot of experienced lucid dreamers even stick with it. You just take advantage of that hybrid phase that has been naturally induced for you upon awakening. That's all it is. It really works most of the time and in time you can get it to almost always work.

Remember: Separation comes first. This is the first thing you attempt. You only cycle through techniques like visualisation, listening in, phantom wiggling or amplifying strange sensations if separation fails. So, you want to nail it at separation.

If you end up cycling through techs, only do it for a minute, if nothing happens, fall asleep with the inyention to catch the next awakening in order to separate. Trust me. I don't just speak from personal experience. As the head of one of the departments at the OOBE Research Centre founded by Michael Raduga, I have dealt with serious subjects to know. It's more effective this way.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Dec 2013 23:09

Summerlander wrote:You got it! As soon as you feel the exit from a dream and the bed beneath you, do not open your eyes. Just get up. And getting up means really moving in terms of perception. Do not imagine movement. Actually move! But don't tense your muscles either. In fact, dont even think about how you move. Do it! You will instinctively know how.

This method is so simple and effect (the reason why it's appropriate for the novice

Okay i think i know what to do now :) I'm guessing you have to have good dream recall for this...
Summerlander wrote:*sorry, my stupid phone again...

It's effective. A lot of experienced lucid dreamers even stick with it. You just take advantage of that hybrid phase that has been naturally induced for you upon awakening. That's all it is. It really works most of the time and in time you can get it to almost always work.

Remember: Separation comes first. This is the first thing you attempt. You only cycle through techniques like visualisation, listening in, phantom wiggling or amplifying strange sensations if separation fails. So, you want to nail it at separation.

If you end up cycling through techs, only do it for a minute, if nothing happens, fall asleep with the inyention to catch the next awakening in order to separate. Trust me. I don't just speak from personal experience. As the head of one of the departments at the OOBE Research Centre founded by Michael Raduga, I have dealt with serious subjects to know. It's more effective this way.

Wow so you study lucid dreams/OBE's? That would be so fun!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Dec 2013 00:19

Look at this diagram:

THE PHASE STATE = Lucid Dreaming / Out-of-body experience

Examples of techniques:

A) Listening in
B) Visualisation
C) Phantom wiggling

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 07 Dec 2013 00:41

Ahh I see but you said that when you wake up, you just get up but the diagram says no physical movement?
\

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2013 14:00

No physical movement as you wake up. As soon as you detect this, you make a separation attempt. It is not meant to mean "do not move," if you catch my drift. Anyway, even if you wake up to movement, it is not the end of the world. In this case, then you have to relax and be still in order to cycle through the techniques. In the first five minutes of awakening, our brains are still quite close to the hybrid phase state that gives rise to lucid dreaming.

But, yeah, to reiterate, as soon as you wake up to the perception of a still, numb body, make a separation attempt. Can you see it working? Many of you have done this a few times but overlooked how easily you entered the world of lucid dreams.

The diagram above shows you what to do whatever the case scenario. If separation fails and you happen to have a good recall of the dream you were previously having, you can also employ Stephen LaBerge's MILD. But, needless to say, the quickest "DEILD" route is to do the above.

DEILD is like WILD but with most of the work already (and naturally) done for you. I want you to have multiple lucid dreams, too, btifuldreamer. And this goes for everyone else too:

Every time a lucid dream is about to end, you re-enter the lucid dream state until this option expires. I want to see lucid dreamers separating from their bodies again, and again, and again... This is why this DEILD method is so important. If you nail the EASY dream-exit separation technique, not only can you enter the lucid dream world, but you can re-enter it again, and again, and again.

In fact, however you induce lucid dreams, be they WILDs or DILDs, you can always use the DEILD method to re-enter them. You get what I'm saying? ;)

Good luck everyone!

ps. the diagram above: for techniques A, B, and C - only spend about 5 seconds on each, but, if one starts working, even slightly, stick with it and amplify it! :geek:

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 10 Dec 2013 07:35

Ahh i get it now thank you very much ;)
From what i understand to DEILD the way you do Summerlander, as soon as you wake up and feel the bed underneath you, you immediately physically get up which should separate you from your body and enter a lucid dream??

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Dec 2013 10:44

The few DEILDs i did (just 2 or 3), it went this way:
I knew i was dreaming and i knew that i was waking up, because the scenary started to fade. When it got completely black, i knew i was in my bed, so i did not open my eyes and i stood still. Minutes or even seconds after, i became to feel vibrations and another scenary started to form in fron of me. And i was inside another dream.

Return to “For Beginners”