Think I overloaded the lucid dream :(

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Think I overloaded the lucid dream :(

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 22:06

Had a lucid dream this morning, but it felt like it wasn't really a very deep dream. In my WILDs I've been noticing different levels of my dreams which seem to depend on how deep the sleep is. They range anywhere from flashing images, to darkened settings in black and white, 2 dimensional movie-like dreams, color/blurry, and full color, hi-def dreams that seem like actual places. This dream was fairly vivid, in color so it looked O.K. but I think I wasn't sleeeping deeply enough yet. When I became lucid I just overloaded the thing. As soon as I went lucid, everything slowed down like someone hit the brakes and it started getting super unstable. I rubbed my hands and that made everything rev up like putting the pedal to the metal. The brightness went way up and things got sharper, but only momentarily. Then the whole thing started unravelling like it was going backward through all the previous stages, pretty weird. It was like the dream was too fragile and my presence in the dream overloaded it. I woke up very easily like I wasn't completely asleep. I these early stage dreams just can't be made lucid or are so unstable they don't last. That looks to me like a pitfall of the WILD process until I learn to master it. You have to be patient. So far for me, I need to be in the deep sleep dreams to have the best experiences with lucidity.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

kakes 411

Re: Think I overloaded the lucid dream :(

Postby kakes 411 » 07 Jan 2012 05:37

I've never experienced anything like that, but I wish I could, it sounds cool.

*Rub hands together*

*SO MUCH CLARITY*

*Time speeds up*

*Couple of seconds later*

*Time slows down*

*Dull and dark*
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Jan 2012 22:57

It was a really interesting demonstration for me of the principal of tactile sensation in lucid dreams. LaBerge who studied LDs and came up with a lot of what we know says that the visuals are one of the first things to go in lucid dreams, but the ability to have tactile sensations typically lasts longer which is why the hand rubbing usually works. I am really trying to understand how all of this stuff works, it's very interesting to be in this little laboratory doing these experiments and listening to other people's results.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 23:06

it's very interesting to be in this little laboratory
????

I had one LD where I had just impacted into the back of a truck in a car and I said "NO" at that instant the dream ran backwards in time and I seen the car reform and snapped into a LD
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Jan 2012 02:54

Peter,

The laboratory comment I was refering to how LDs can be a place to experiment and try things that you couldn't normally do in waking life.

I had a similar experience to your truck impact backwards video. One time I closed my eyes trying to take a nap and before I fell asleep I had a color, hi-def movie image play of a group of soldiers in a damaged building with no roof, looked like a WW2 scene. High quality image. Then I saw the building blew up in perfect detail, then the video runs in perfect reverse, then in slow motion. That was really amazing. I have no idea where it came from, but the technology was impressive. Makes you wonder, how the heck do we make this stuff up with our brains?

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jan 2012 03:35

its amazing what we can see and more so that it becomes normal to us. I have no idea how it happens either
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”