I think I'm gonna be good at lucid dreaming.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
kakes 411

Postby kakes 411 » 07 Jan 2012 05:31

(I never know if stuff like this is in the right subforum, but I think it fits here.)

I have been having lucid dreams as long as I can remember. I would just call them, "Dreams where I knew I was dreaming, (which is how I got my sig). I would realize I was dreaming, and I was able to control certain things. When I learned about lucid dreaming, it took me a while, but now I am having lucid dreams as often as every other night. And the weird part is, I'm not even really trying! I don't have a dream journal, I gave up on RC's a long time ago, (Although once while in a lucid dream I poked a hole through my hand) and I never take any supplements or anything. And I was wondering if this kind of progress is normal. I am 12, and I don't know if that means anything. So is this normal?

Also, once when I was 4, I had an OBE (Out of bode experience, right?) When I fell asleep, I could see myself and my room, yet I was floating up and then the dream would begin. And also, When I was 6-7, whenever a dream would end, I would float down into my body, and that happened for about a year. Is that normal?
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

Peter

Re: I think I'm gonna be good at lucid dreaming.

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 08:34

you are in that nice part of life where the world is free and easy and your mind is free to roam while awake and while dreaming. Cherish it and dream away
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 07 Jan 2012 11:18

kakes 411 wrote:(I never know if stuff like this is in the right subforum, but I think it fits here.)

I have been having lucid dreams as long as I can remember. I would just call them, "Dreams where I knew I was dreaming, (which is how I got my sig). I would realize I was dreaming, and I was able to control certain things. When I learned about lucid dreaming, it took me a while, but now I am having lucid dreams as often as every other night. And the weird part is, I'm not even really trying! I don't have a dream journal, I gave up on RC's a long time ago, (Although once while in a lucid dream I poked a hole through my hand) and I never take any supplements or anything. And I was wondering if this kind of progress is normal. I am 12, and I don't know if that means anything. So is this normal?

Hi Krates, I could do WILDs pretty much from birth, but most of them were partial WILDs where I just entered NREM dream and encountered dreams with the ability to end them by opening by eyes. The most annoying were seeing dozens sometimes hundreds of eyes staring at me when I was praying or trying to go to sleep. I had full WILDs spontaneously too in which one has unbroken consciousness throughout the sleep process, never losing consciousness. When I decided to do it intentionally it took me three tries to do it at will ever after.I've done them for over 30 years and when I started doing them psychiatrists and psychologists had been saying for two generations that they did not exist-ignore people who don't know what they're talking about.

Like you, I've never kept a dream journal, never taken drugs to induce lucid dreams (I don't do recreational drugs either). As for progress it does not matter. Don't compare yourself to others, you're only in competition with yourself and however far or accomplished you become at anything you go or become it takes as long as it takes.

Kakes 411 wrote:Also, once when I was 4, I had an OBE (Out of body experience, right?) When I fell asleep, I could see myself and my room, yet I was floating up and then the dream would begin. And also, When I was 6-7, whenever a dream would end, I would float down into my body, and that happened for about a year. Is that normal?

I've never had an OBE inside a dream, personally I think those happening in a dream are dreams. Had you ever heard of them before you had them? Were you a double of yourself? I've had OBE as the result practicing phowa and had my first one spontaneously while wide awake. I had just eaten a sandwich after meditating for an hour and had walked out the back door to decide what I was going to hunt that day. when something like this experience happened [color=blue]http://www.rexresearch.com/goldflwr/goldflwr.htm[/blue] except rather than 25 bodies I had about three hundred points of consciousness all thinking independent thoughts , all of which I was aware of like a giant hive of mes around me. My own response was how interesting! I think that rather than going out of body I opened a gate that allowed me to experience my subconscious mind or really minds consciously rather than just as intuitive flashes from it.

Phowa OBE are more interesting as they're done intentionally. They could be just what they seem the spirit leaving the body, they could be a very special NREM dream contrasted with the rem dream OBE. Don't let anyone tell you what you've experienced or try to force it into some sort of model. What is is, just remember what you experienced and gain more experience before you even form an opinion. Having said that if your OBE show any signs of of being a dream that's what you should conclude it is. Do you ever wake up without returning to your body=dream, as an example.
Last edited by Snaggle on 08 Jan 2012 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 07 Jan 2012 18:42

Maybe you're a perma-lucid dreamer... http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/are-lucid-dreams-tiring.html by Rebecca Turner.
jamjam

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 Jan 2012 05:14

jamjam wrote:Maybe you're a perma-lucid dreamer... http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/are-lucid-dreams-tiring.html by Rebecca Turner.

No, I can sleep normally or WILD at will, still I did choose to WILD every night for two years. I was not more tired when awake, but was sleeping 6 hours rather than four- so yes they are more taxing or I would not have slept long. If anyone is a perma-lucid dreamer trying sleeping at sunset and sun rise - these are the most restful periods to sleep. I got away with 2 hours of sleep for three years just cherry picking sunrise and sunset as the time to sleep. Unfortunately the best times to sleep are also the best times to hunt and fish :cry: and most people will want you awake then too.
- Syrio Forel

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 21 Jan 2012 00:07

... I wasn't talking to you. :| awkward.
jamjam

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 00:49

sorry, not awkward at all.
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”