DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
btifuldreamer

Re: DEILD

Postby btifuldreamer » 10 Dec 2013 11:08

Ahh yeah that sounds easy. I get that feeling sometimes where i know the dreams ending but i usually just think really hard on the dream so it doesn't fade then i get frustrated because my eyes open. Is there any way to tell when your dream is ending, if so, how can you like, improve on this ability? Would it just be have good dream recall?

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Dec 2013 11:14

btifuldreamer wrote: Is there any way to tell when your dream is ending, if so, how can you like, improve on this ability?

For me, i just know. I think it's not hard. As you said, you know it too. It's when the environment you're in is fading. If you're lucid enough, you'll that it will fade completely and you'll be in your bed.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Dec 2013 18:13

btifuldreamer wrote:Ahh yeah that sounds easy. I get that feeling sometimes where i know the dreams ending but i usually just think really hard on the dream so it doesn't fade then i get frustrated because my eyes open. Is there any way to tell when your dream is ending, if so, how can you like, improve on this ability? Would it just be have good dream recall?

You just have to deepen the environment (sensory amplification usually works). See it as a fun task to do and really enjoy and focus on the sensations - never do anything for the sake of appearances! Once the environment is hyper-realistic then you will notice it fading if the lucid dream state is about to end - in which case you try to intensify it again in the same manner that you did when you first entered it.

Always maximise the perception of the dream world. Touch, sight, and hearing are the main things to work on in order to intensify and prolong the lucid dream. Stay in tune with it. Don't lose your grip. Keep moving as motion helps. Do not think that you will wake up. Don't even worry about this because if it happens you just make another attempt to re-enter the lucid dream state. Stay focused.

Also, waking up is not the only thing that threatens lucid dreaming time. You must also prevent yourself from "falling asleep" in lucid dreams. To lucid dream is to be awake in the dream world (quite literally). So you don't want to lose that crucial waking consciousness, otherwise the lucid dreaming very quickly turns into ordinary dreaming.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 11 Dec 2013 05:41

Ahh It's all clear now thank you to both of you!
Highlander, i think your description of how to DEILD was most helpful and i never really understood how this technique can be used to 'chain lucid dream' but you explained how it works summerlander :D So when you can feel a non lucid dream starting to fade, just lie there eyes closed, not moving and you will soon reenter a dream lucid. When you're in the dream, focus on all of your senses to intensify the lucid dream and make it more vivid, and once it starts to fade, do the same thing. If you wake up, you just do DEILD again to go back into a lucid dream! :D Such a good technique!!!!!!!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2013 11:33

You can even use the sensory amplification techniques to deepen the lucid dream environment when you carry out steps of a predetermined plan of action.

For example, if one of the steps in your plan is to find a violin in the dream world and play music with it, then you pick it up and pay attention to the tactility as well as what the object looks like. Feel the wood, pay attention to the weight if it has any, feel the temperature of its surfaces, feel the strings, watch the vibrate and simultaneous pay attention to the sound whilst having a strong desire to hear it clearly. Keep your senses alive, engross yourself in that reality and enjoy the experience. Focus on one task at a time before moving to the next one. If one you put the instrument down the lucid dream starts to fade, deepen it again before teleporting to Mars or something (whatever the next plan might be).

Translocation should only be performed when the environment is deep and stable so it reduces the likelihood of a foul (undesired exit from a lucid dream). If you happen to foul, don't worry, use DEILD again. You only stop using DEILD upon awakening when you are satisfied with how much you have experience whilst lucid dreaming - in which case, you may record the experience in the real world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

henryc

Postby henryc » 11 Dec 2013 13:44

so, if you wake up naturally in the middle of the night and physically get up to seperate you from your dream body, surely then you have woken up and your now standing so you can longer sleep?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2013 15:53

No. For DEILD it is best to have a full night sleep first and then detect an awakening without movement in the morning. If you wake up in the middle of the night you are better off getting up (physically) and then returning to bed after a few minutes in order to induce either a WILD, or, a DILD using the MILD method.

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Dec 2013 08:55

Summerlander wrote:You can even use the sensory amplification techniques to deepen the lucid dream environment when you carry out steps of a predetermined plan of action.

For example, if one of the steps in your plan is to find a violin in the dream world and play music with it, then you pick it up and pay attention to the tactility as well as what the object looks like. Feel the wood, pay attention to the weight if it has any, feel the temperature of its surfaces, feel the strings, watch the vibrate and simultaneous pay attention to the sound whilst having a strong desire to hear it clearly. Keep your senses alive, engross yourself in that reality and enjoy the experience. Focus on one task at a time before moving to the next one. If one you put the instrument down the lucid dream starts to fade, deepen it again before teleporting to Mars or something (whatever the next plan might be).

Translocation should only be performed when the environment is deep and stable so it reduces the likelihood of a foul (undesired exit from a lucid dream). If you happen to foul, don't worry, use DEILD again. You only stop using DEILD upon awakening when you are satisfied with how much you have experience whilst lucid dreaming - in which case, you may record the experience in the real world.

Ah that makes sense. Really feel the environment you're in to intensify the lucid dream. I'll be sure to think of this when i lucid dream. Thank you! :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Dec 2013 12:26

I'm glad to help and I hope you have long and intense lucid dreams. Another important thing: have fun! ;)

Remember:

With DEILD, as soon as you sense that you are waking from a non-lucid dream, and your perceived sleeping body has not moved, separate immediately. For this you can roll over an "out" or even the simple act of getting up at this crucial stage upon awakening can be an act of entering a lucid dream. When you move to separate from the perceived physical body stencil, you really move (meaning the sensation of movement is realistic and not imagined).

Don't think too much about how you will do it or how it will feel. Don't even worry about whether it will work or not. Just do it like a robot executing an action. Once you are up you may think that you have moved physically and that you ruined your opportunity. Don't be fooled because the dream body can feel no different to the physical one. The dream floor, likewise. If it's dark or vision is poor, then that is an indication that it has worked.

If vision is perfect and you see your bedroom, do not think you failed. It could be a dream replica of your bedroom, which, at times, can be eerily more than just familiar. A bit of exploration might reveal inconsistencies, e.g. the walls might be a different colour, more windows than there should be, possessions might be missing, new objects seen etc.

Whatever the case, do a reality check after separation from the body if you are unsure about what's happened, but, always assume that you could be standing in the dream world. Also, it is crucial to perform deepening techniques from the beginning - unless, of course, you discover that the lucid dream environment is already hyper-realistic (no sense in trying to tune into a channel if it's already tuned).

Deepening techniques can be rubbing your hands together (about six inches away from your face tends to be effective) whilst paying attention to what they look like and the sensations the rubbing brings, like warmth, friction, noise, minute details etc. You can also touch dream objects and study their minute details. Touching and looking at the floor helps too. Exciting vision and tactility can be quite powerful in stabilising the environment. You can even combine this with sound. Speak and listen to your voice. Do not stand still doing nothing and try not to hesitate as this increases the chances of fouling. (This is why a predetermined and interesting plan of action is good to have.) Movement also helps. Spinning also keeps you anchored to the lucid dream state but bear in mind that by spinning you are very likely to change the environment completely.

A minimum of ten seconds should be spent on deepening. Deepening is almost always required after entering a lucid dream. The same techniques can be used for maintaining. Deepening and maintaining are needed because the lucid dream state - as a hybrid phase state of the brain (Gamma bandwidth) - has a tendency to fluctuate between wakefulness and ordinary dreaming.

If you feel that the experience is coming to an end, you can even grab a dream object, and, if you are still holding that object even when you feel yourself lying in bed, quickly jump out! Holding that dream object means you have not quite left the dream world. Stubbornly refuse to leave until this option naturally expires. Michael Raduga grabbed an old man's beard in a lucid dream once when he felt that the experience was coming to an end. When he felt that he was lying in bed, he realised that he could still feel hairs in his hand, so he separated from the body and he was back in lucid dreamland!

Also, don't get too excited when you're lucid dreaming. As Rebecca put it once, act like a poker player with a good hand. I know it is exciting to be exploring a surreal world, and do enjoy it, but, in this respect, try to relax. At the same time, keep active. Stopping can lead to a foul.

Sweet lucid dreams! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 17 Dec 2013 12:04

I didn't even know this was a "thing"!
I've done this several times, but I just thought it was some kind of coincidence, really.
That would explain the times I woke up from a dream, fell asleep again, and started dreaming the sequel.

Thanks for bringing me some clarity! :D
There is no spoon

Return to “For Beginners”