Question on WILD...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
butter

Question on WILD...

Postby butter » 01 Dec 2013 18:59

Sometimes when i go back to sleep i try the WILD but don't see any patterns or something.I try to relax and keep still and many times it has occurred that i suddenly feel i'm near the onset of a dream,... i see random people saying random things like in my dreams but they are very faint.But as soon as i feel that, everything vanishes and i realize i'm awake........ :(
I've tried rubbing hands but couldn't. What to do when i'm in that situation?That i'm in a room or anything where some people are around?But they're very faint.
Also i never see any patterns or anything.. am i doing it wrong?
If you can please help me go on the right track,it'd be really helpful :)
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

taniaaust1

Re: Question on WILD...

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Dec 2013 03:35

It sounds like you are certainly on the right track with it but you are trying to rub your hands too early, before you are in the dream enough to be doing that kind of stabilization technique. You need to be aware of your hands (IN THE DREAM) before you try to rub them, if you arent, dont try this. You need to enter the WILD a bit more first.

I suggest for you to rather focus on what you have coming in..that is the voices and the people (not on yourself at all at this point, focusing on yourself will bring your body awareness to yourself and physical body and away from the voices and people).

You need to do this focus with keeping your mind relaxed (not getting too excited or suddenly thinking too quick about what is going on.. the deeper your state is the easier it is to do this). I suggest to just continue laying there to see if they come in stronger or you can try to telepathically like call out to them (you'll need to experiement to find out what is the best way for you to procede)... see if you can get them to interact with you or aknowledge you and your call in some way. You can try to (mentally) call them over to you .. or just imagine you are drifting over to them as in energy or first person. Imagine the voices getting louder and clearer as they get closer.

not all of us see patterns and something when we WILD. You are in the first stages of a WILD there but you just need to learn to intensify the dream so you enter it properly (and then you can work on stabilisation once you are in the dream such as rubbing palms together).

You have enough going on there to do a WILD, once you get the hang of entry techniques a bit.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

butter

Postby butter » 05 Dec 2013 18:40

Thank you for the detailed answer! :D

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 06 Dec 2013 11:19

butter wrote:Sometimes when i go back to sleep i try the WILD but don't see any patterns or something.I try to relax and keep still and many times it has occurred that i suddenly feel i'm near the onset of a dream,... i see random people saying random things like in my dreams but they are very faint.But as soon as i feel that, everything vanishes and i realize i'm awake........ :(

Does dream returns one almost never sees hypnagogic images. I don't use the Wake Back To Bed technique you're using, but assume one does not see HI using WBTB. What you're seeing is imagination revelry. One should be able to do this when awake by closing ones eyes or even with them open if looking at a blank piece of paper, lump of stone, crystal ball etc. One really sees HI, as well as anything real. Imaginative Revehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bUlry is related to HI, but still very separate from them. Butter because you don't know this for yourself, I'm assuming that people normally don't call you creative or say you've a great imagination. Butter you're always completely awake during Imaginative Revelry. They happen when your brain is in an alpha wave state.

I've tried rubbing hands but couldn't. What to do when i'm in that situation?That i'm in a room or anything where some people are around?But they're very faint.
Also i never see any patterns or anything.. am i doing it wrong?

Real HI are usually pretty stable. I would not try stabilization techniques in WILDs as they're normally very stable as are HI.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU If you want to see HI try real WILDS not WBTB or dream returns, though even if you see HI you might not make it to the next stage of NREM dreams and if you make it to NREM dreams you might not make it to REM dreams. HI can be single images that don't move at all, more normally they're like slide shows and more rarely they're complex and interactive. I've played excellent simulations of PC and video games that were HI and moved onto the set of this video when fully awake and walking but with myhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU eyes closed for a moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU - Paramore's CRUSHCRUSH. If you're seeing HI you've managed to reach a theta wave state while awake. Theta wave states are also those NREM and REM dreams occur it, but reaching Theta wave states does not mean you've gone deeper into sleep. There are plenty of people you can do theta while awake and have total control over the images, but don't cross over into lucid dreams.

In India and Tibet where visualization yoga and lucid dream yoga have been practiced for over a 1,000 years and where there have been conservatively at least a million people proficient in them in Tibet alone, the visualization yoga where one can create and control an image at will with one eyes open is still quite separate from lucid dream yoga (milam in Tibetan). Pulling dream images into the real world and practcing control over them is related to lucid dreaming but not lucid dreaming - it's much closer in the Occident to ceremonial magic (AKA conjuring devils or angels and controlling them), but in yoga one is teaching oneself that everything is an illussion rather than believing ones illussions are real ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Dec 2013 13:31

My advice is simple is simple with whatever method you use, be it WBTB, WILD, or a combination of the two which can be helpful. When hypnagogic imagery arises, just relax. Watch it panoramically (do not try to examine its details or it will vanish). Reserve examining minute details when you are fully involved in the lucid dream. Whatever strange sensations arise during induction, be that imagery, sounds or vibrations, just try to amplify them. This will help. At their people, it is very useful to employ a "separation" technique. I know this is not the traditional way of WILD entry, but separation can get you there quicker.

Now, just a question. How long do you stay up before teturning to bed to have a WILD? My sleep inertia period is usually 15 minutes - it's the balance that works for me. Maybe you need to find yours in order to facilitate your practice?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

butter

Postby butter » 11 Dec 2013 17:55

@ Snaggle - thanks a lot for all the info .. :)
@ Summerlander- if i stay for more than 10-15 minutes i have a really hard time falling back to sleep and relaxing... so i do that within that time :) I get the images only when i go to sleep after 6-7 hrs. Earlier than that i don't get.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2013 19:13

You can also use the DEILD or MILD methods in combination with WBTB if you are having problems falling asleep after the waking interlude for a WILD entry.

How do you do with DILD, btw?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

butter

Postby butter » 14 Dec 2013 11:51

As my signature is ... i've never had any LD.
I tried reality checking for 2-3 weeks , doing them every day for 50 times throughout the day.
Since i never got any i'm beginning to feel disheartened and it has gone down, though i still have the habit

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2013 01:40

Get to know your dreams and identify recurrent dreamsigns besides doing RCs when awake. If you dream of toilets a lot,for example, get into the habit of doing RCs when nature calls.

Really answer the question, "Am I dreaming?" even if it seems obvious that you are not. Don't do it lackadaisically if you're planning a DILD.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”