Getting over the hump

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Getting over the hump

Postby Benl324 » 12 Dec 2013 22:36

I am so close to having lucid dreams but can't seem to get to the final part... controlling them. I am practically lucid in many of my dreams as I see and feel what is going on but I simply cannot take control and am still at the mercy of the dream. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to overcome that last step and break into lucidity?

Re: Getting over the hump

Postby TillyPink » 15 Dec 2013 23:45

Don't get too hung up on the control would be my advice. If you have become lucid in your dreams, enjoy exploring the dreamscape. Allow it to carry you, but just start to be playful with it. Lucid dreaming is not really all about controlling you dreams, in fact, i was listening to Charlie Morley explaining that for him, in his teenage years, the control was his mission, and he'd change his dreamscape 'on command'. But he said these days, it's all about exploring the dreamscape and understanding why particular landscapes appear in his dreams and what they mean to him.

Before i got really involved in deepening my experiences, i remember this one LD where there was water between me and my desired destination. I was very annoyed as i thought 'Why can't I just walk on the water if I choose to?? It's MY dream and I know i'm dreaming so why??' I've moved on from then. I dealt with my fear of swimming and now swim in my dreams. I could not swim in real life until i realised that i could in LD' that dream from years ago was all about me avoiding what my challenge SWIM! And i conquered it both in dream state and waking life (dream state taught me how to swim) ;) Having said that though, just the other night i levitated a train. hehe! So things do move on. Just don't rush them :D

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”