How do you realize you are lucid?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
kakes 411

How do you realize you are lucid?

Postby kakes 411 » 07 Jan 2012 06:47

Post how you realize you are lucid here.

Usually for me, I'm looking at something, and I'll say, "Wow, that Is really realistic for a dream."

*Five seconds later...*

Oh yeah I'm dreaming.

*Five seconds later...*

Witch means I can do whatever I want!

*Five seconds later...*

*Is fully lucid*
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

Wolvendeer

Re: How do you realize you are lucid?

Postby Wolvendeer » 07 Jan 2012 15:30

For me there is never a realization, I'm almost always just lucid from the start of the scene whenever I am lucid.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 07 Jan 2012 18:57

Wether you were lucid or not, stabilizing the dream is absolutely necessary! just realizing that it's a dream is not enough! You can stabilize the dream by rubbing your hands, shouting clarity now, etc. You may dream about lucid dreaming. Confusing right? Anyways, prolonging the lucid dream is also essential. There are many prolonging techniques... just read these articles! http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/reality-checks.html http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html by Rebecca Turner.

I usually do a few reality checks and a few prolonging techniques.

Sweet dreams!
PS: Guess my age :lol:
jamjam

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Jan 2012 19:19

Most of the time I just suddenly realize I am dreaming. This can get totally bizarre and it won't clue me in, it's just usually spontaneous, though I wish it could be otherwise. I try to practice reality checks, but I keep forgetting to do that.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Jan 2012 22:52

For me realizing I'm lucid is still almost accidental and I really have to be paying attention or often catch some little detail. Sometimes it's more obvious, but it always involves paying attention and noticing details. Those 2 things are what I am trying to train myself to do. The best part is that split second snap into hyperspace when everything solidifies into 3D solid reality. I still can't over it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 23:09

Same - the more I LD the more I am amazed but the total reality of the events. It is real and redefines reality for me. I have 2 worlds and 2 lifes and they complement each other and I cant imagine being complete without them.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Jan 2012 02:37

I know what you mean about the 2 worlds.

What I'm finding interesting is that the lucid world is very real, but can appear to be unstable and even break down sometimes and in certain circumstances when the detail looked at carefully and closely, like reading text, looking at hands, operating technology and other things depending on the person. I wonder if the waking world breaks down at some point too.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jan 2012 03:44

Sometimes I think that the dreams are a poor use of the state. They are useful and relaxing and enteraining etc but a poor use of a skill or more likely a way to train and use a skill. I want to get to the energy that creates the dreams and understand it so I can use it in a better way. Not sure how to do this but am sure that in time I will get closer.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Enter_DreamS

Postby Enter_DreamS » 18 Jan 2012 12:21

I haven't become lucid at all yet :( no matter what strange things I see. Even once i dreamed my friend was driving, but he can't drive! he hasn't even had lessons! And somehow I didn't realise i was dreaming. It's really difficult.
It's over.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2012 03:28

Doing WILDs one has unbroken consciousness and is always lucid. I have a lot of spontaneous DILDs where I know who I am without any effort, but I recently had one where I became lucid after the dream started.

I was at by doctor's and thinking yuck more medical bills, then I thought why am I here I don't remember anything happening? ...bam! lucidity :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”