Creature standing next to my bed... What the heck??!!

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
ESPer

Re: Creature standing next to my bed... What the heck??!!

Postby ESPer » 28 Aug 2013 10:11

I had an old hag experience myself. I was not asleep, nor just waking up. I was wide awake. And not paralyzed. So therefore SP holds no water in my case. I just saw the hag. It at first was just a pitch black undefined cloud teleporting around my room. Then it was hovering above me as the hag.

I believe there are entities that exist in darkness, personally. I don't think all of these accounts can be so easily dismissed with rational means. But then again I personally believe that entities existing in other frequencies/dimensions that we can't normally perceive is perfectly rational. For a brief moment our mind tunes into that frequency/channel, and our senses allow us to experience it... a moment that passes quickly. IMO this accounts for many ghosts & UFO experiences.

I have simply experienced too much to be a rational person I guess. And I trust my own senses and experiences over all else.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 08:31

I had an experience like that once. Sometimes it was a simple shadow apparation, other times it was an incomprehensible monster like a humanoid wolf or something out of the Lovecraft Mythos. Other times I thought I saw people I knew.

dreamgate

Postby dreamgate » 03 Oct 2013 01:21

I have no idea what you saw either.

I have experienced a couple of strange things.

1) I had recently given birth and had only been home from the hospital for a day or so. I was exhausted, and slept a lot during that time. I was wide awake when this happened, however; a figure appeared at the end of my bed. It was broad daylight and I saw him clearly. He had the features of a classic demon/devil, he was reddish colored, naked, with horns and an evil looking face. I felt very sleepy all of a sudden, very relaxed, and I knew the demon wanted to, um... procreate with me. I fought off the sleepiness and felt strongly 'No! no way!" and kicked my legs out at it, and then it vanished. I was absolutely terrified.
2) I was staying at my parents, I woke up in the night and there was a man standing next to me. It was dark, and his figure was too dark to make out any features, but he was definitely there. My immediate reaction was to scream (very loudly). My sister ran in from the bedroom next door, and as she was opening the door, he disappeared.

Maybe these are variations on the 'old hag syndrome'?

Mrayoba12

Postby Mrayoba12 » 03 Oct 2013 15:10

This could be from your lack of sleep, but I recommend you put cameras in the room you saw these demons in (like a web can that can run all day) and try and see if you were not hallucinating.If you have proof or you don't have proof but you are certain it is real I recommend calling a local paranormal investigation team(there are many in almost every city and town.)They will help you prove it and help you close what ever portal these demons are comming from.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mondmadlin

Postby mondmadlin » 24 Nov 2013 22:23

During my whole life, demon or ghost like creatures followed me, it started when I was like 9 years old, ym grandpa ( wich is dead) sometimes appeared and began to talk to me, I always were pretty scared when that happened because well yeah, he is dead.
But when me my mom and my sister moved to a new house it became worse, I was 10 years old then and somehow that thing seems to follow me, because I moved to my father 2 years later and still it kept following, visiting me, knocking at my doors at night, walking my stairs up and down and whisper or even scream at me.
The bad thing was that at my dads home there seemed to be another spirit, it wasn´t bad it just didn´t like me "invading" it´s house.
It gave me one of the most intense experiences, I woke up in the middle of the night, I knew i was awake, I felt a presence next to me and looked to the side, it was so dark I couldn´t really see details, it was a man with a head and a long coat, I stared at him for a few seconds before he turned an walked with quick steps out of my room.
I didn´t dare to close my eyes for the rest of the night back then and stayed up until morning :lol:
Luckily I was able to communicate with the spirits and get peace with them :roll:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 05:34

dreamgate wrote:I have no idea what you saw either.

I have experienced a couple of strange things.

1) I had recently given birth and had only been home from the hospital for a day or so. I was exhausted, and slept a lot during that time. I was wide awake when this happened, however; a figure appeared at the end of my bed. It was broad daylight and I saw him clearly. He had the features of a classic demon/devil, he was reddish colored, naked, with horns and an evil looking face. I felt very sleepy all of a sudden, very relaxed, and I knew the demon wanted to, um... procreate with me. I fought off the sleepiness and felt strongly 'No! no way!" and kicked my legs out at it, and then it vanished. I was absolutely terrified.
2) I was staying at my parents, I woke up in the night and there was a man standing next to me. It was dark, and his figure was too dark to make out any features, but he was definitely there. My immediate reaction was to scream (very loudly). My sister ran in from the bedroom next door, and as she was opening the door, he disappeared.

Maybe these are variations on the 'old hag syndrome'?

I think just simply you may of experienced one of the many entities out there. Thou Im not sure if your demon one was real..its kind of too christian "classical" but not something occultists/psychics generally see. Extreme exhaustion can cause hallunciations even during the day (very intense real day dreams), just as if someone took drugs may get that.

People often do wake to entities standing by the bed. I think our 6th sense can often wake us up in these situations.. like warn us and we awake (as if we may just awake if there is a bulglar in our room.. sense something wrong).

The old hag seems to be a quite specific entity.

No need to go calling in any "ghost busters" etc .
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamgate

Postby dreamgate » 01 Dec 2013 01:22

Yes, it quite likely was an hallucination. I would like to say, however, that I am not at all religious, and I was not raised in or with any religion (my parents don't really think much about it), so if my brain created the vision of a demon, it was more likely from watching movies than from any 'fear of god' or anything.

I have had nothing similar since, and that was about 15 years ago. It was markedly different from hypnogogic hallucinations. I'm not worried about it, as it happened so long ago.

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 17 Dec 2013 17:39

I've had some weird experiences too.

Like one time, I was lying awake in bed and suddenly felt this "pressence", so I turned around and I saw a man standing at the side of my bed. It was dark and I couldn't really see what he looked like. I freaked out and jumped up from my bed, but he was already gone. I stood there, just looking at the place where he had been standing, until I noticed my feet were feeling quite cold so I went back to bed. I also experienced several occasions where I had the feeling someone was sitting next to me on my bed, laying his/her hand on top of me.

Then a few days ago, I just woke up from a terrifying dream and I heard someone scream my name. It was a male voice (though the person in my dream had been female) and he sounded like he wanted to warn me for something. I was mortified and didn't dare to move.
There is no spoon

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Dec 2013 00:13

Hello, Pluginmango
I read your intro, so I know a bit about you. I have one too, but it's buried deep in that section...

I've had many crazy experiences too. Waking up to scary creatures, or waking up to find some stranger is sharing the bed with me!

But they are not paranormal in my opinion. They are dreams, but different because we have a sense of our bedroom environment and even a sense of our own physical bodies. So there is a dual awareness of reality and dream at the same time. That's my theory anyway. It happens when I almost wake up, but not quite....

They are certainly crazy and can sometimes be scary when it happens, but it doesn't have to be scary if you get use to it and become familiar with it.

People fear the unknown, not the familiar.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 05:48

pluginmango wrote: I had the feeling someone was sitting next to me on my bed, laying his/her hand on top of me.

I know its easy to write off such experiences as dreams when one is sleepy or near sleep or just woken up but Ive had things like that happen to me while fully awake and just doing something like typing on my computer and talking to others.. feeling clearly an invisible hand being put onto my leg. Due to that its hard for me to think that things like this are due to dreaming going on. (As an energy healer, Im quite sensitive to astral energies even when awake).

I just finished putting in the paranormal section my latest spiritual experience...but with that one it is possible it was a LD thou it didnt really feel like it... but things which happen when Im fully awake and going about my daily life cant be so easily explained.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”