Has anyone experienced this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
thomas

Has anyone experienced this?

Postby thomas » 04 Jan 2012 05:12

Hi all! Last night I was viewing my HI images working on a WILD when suddenly there was a loud bang accompanied by a super bright flash of light. It startled me tremendously. It was inside my head of course but it sounded like a bomb went off. Really loud! What was this? Has anyone else had this experience? I am making the assumption that it was just a strange pre-dream HI happening or something. Any ideas?

Thanks -

Thomas

Peter

Re: Has anyone experienced this?

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2012 07:51

yes years ago, I also get like a shock at times but again not for a long time
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

thomas

Postby thomas » 04 Jan 2012 18:51

Hi Peter! So, do you think it's just a weird part of the HI? I have no clue but that is my guess. I have also had that shock you mentioned. It is truly like an electric shock. Don't care for it at all.

Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2012 19:21

yip just another part of the process, the shock can be violent at times and also the bang that goes with it. It amazes me how open minded we all are as there are a lot of random feelings that we all get and they seem to make us more curious rather that scared.

I only get these feelings when practising WILD and not always and around the time that I get into the calm spot around the time of HI.
Now that I am confortable with it all I sort of enjoy whatever comes along. The oddest one was a jolt, a noise and then the feeling of going backwards through a sort of electric field. It happned once and was so strong I really did not know what to expect and was quite shaken. This was years ago and long before I had some way of sharing and knowing that its all quite normal (for us anyway)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 07 Jan 2012 19:28

I have heard really loud noises, or what sounded like people in my house yelling at each other, but I don't recall anything so loud I would call it like a bomb going off. It does puzzle me all the same. I will wake up from those dreams totally convienced people have broken into my house and then proceeded to yell at each other. EVen weirder, they are often argueing in German. I do know German, so I will understand them, but it's so ridiculously out of context that it's also stupid I don't realize I am dreaming. I live in Florida, where I would bet money there isn't one German speaking person in the entire neighborhood. As for the flash of bright light. I've never experienced that before, but a lot of darkness seems par for the course for me.

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 20:05

I hear voices in my house a lot but the noise I am talking about is inside my head not outside and along with a shock that can be quite violent and distubing the first couple of times

LucidDreamer

Postby LucidDreamer » 07 Jan 2012 22:24

Im not sure if this is the same, but i sometimes get a loud noise in my head..almost painful, this can also come with a shock..like an electric shock..not very nice really..

the noise happens in SP, before im dreaming..I think I read something about your ear drums switching off for the night, and that can produce wierd sounds and sensations...kinda makes sense :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2012 23:03

sounds the same but not sure about the ear drums theory - this bang can be like being hit with a baseball bat and it a big jolt. Luckly only had this a few times in my life

thomas

Postby thomas » 08 Jan 2012 03:56

I too have heard voices upon going to sleeping and awakening from sleep. The loud bang was definitely inside my head. The flash was like seeing a lightning strike up close - but my eyes are closed.

The eardrum idea is an unusual one. The eardrum is a membrane in the ear so I don't see how it could turn off. I did hear about another possible explanation. An M.D. (a friend whom I trust) relates it to a hypnic jerk - but it is auditory/visual instead of relating to the muscles. He also states it is fairly rare. Don't know if he's right or not. He seemed pretty certain. More to think about.

Thomas

fyrespryte

Postby fyrespryte » 13 Feb 2012 02:20

I've heard about this before and think that I've experienced it though rarely. It's actually something that can happen to some people quite frequently and is considered a "syndrome." Funnily enough, it's called, "Exploding Head Syndrome"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”