Seeking advice

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Victwarovic

Seeking advice

Postby Victwarovic » 18 Dec 2013 21:59

Hello,

For the past year I have gained an increasing interest in lucid dreaming. Therefore I would like to become more experienced with it. However, I am encountering a few obstacles / problems.

1. Whenever I get lucid, it is completely random. It just happens. I've been doing reality checks (Checking time, asking myself whether I'm dreaming). Yet these signs / checks don't seem to come back in my dreams. What could I do?

2. Only a few of my lucid dreams are vivid (I get around 1 / week), none of them are long. I tried to spin around in my dream but this doesn't work out for me. Any tips to increase vividness / length?

3. Yesterday evening was my third (yet unsuccesful) attempt for a WILD. At every attempt I was relaxed and prepared (I know what should and can happen)- I managed to feel my limbs sparkle and see hypnogogia. So last night I felt like I was close to putting my body asleep, but immediately my heartbeat went up extremely, it felt like my body paniced while my mind was relaxed. This unfortunately ruined the moment. Can I do something to stop my 'body' from panicing?

I would like to hear your opinion on what I could do or change.

Thank you in advance!

RustyMinecart

Re: Seeking advice

Postby RustyMinecart » 19 Dec 2013 07:48

For your first question, try different reality checks. The most popular one involves trying to pass your finger though your hand. But as you are doing a reality check, ask yourself "Am I dreaming? Is this real?". These types of reality checks usually work.
Second, Try to do simple math, rub your hands together, or ask the dream for clarity. These usually work.
Third, that "Body Panicking" is called sleep paralysis. It is when your body thinks you are dreaming, so it paralyzes itself so that your physical body wont try to act out the things you are doing in the dream, and so it won't injure itself. During sleep paralysis, you may hallucinate, and hear strange noises. It can be very scary. Sleep paralysis can be gotten rid of by wiggling your fingers or toes, or relaxing. But sleep paralysis can be turned into lucidity, if you know how.

Hope this helps!
You Create Your Own Reality

Victwarovic

Re: Seeking advice

Postby Victwarovic » 19 Dec 2013 11:23

Thanks a lot for your reply! I will try the tips you mentioned. You also mentioned it'd be possible to turn sleep paralysis into lucidity? Any tips on this one?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”