I will be face-palming myself a lot today.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Vonozar

I will be face-palming myself a lot today.

Postby Vonozar » 17 Dec 2013 23:45

This might belong in the share your lucid dreams section, but since I didn't become lucid i decided to put it here. For the past few days I have been close to gaining lucidity, but have just barely come short every time. I just can't fully make the connection. Last night I was so close it was ridiculous that I missed it. I had a dream in which I was in a group of people at a camp. We had to preform a musical the next day and none of us were ready for it. Most of the people knew their lines, but were too nervous and therefore kept forgetting them. I told the group I was going to practice in my sleep in a lucid dream. They all asked how they could do the same. So I told them the basics of how to lucid dream and explained the different steps I was telling them and briefly why they were important. I even went over dream stabilization, preforming two techniques for the DCs. The one thing I didn't explain for some reason was reality checking, which had I done would have realised "oh hey, I'm dreaming!" I woke up shortly after and just started laughing. How did I miss that?! I definitely should have realised something was odd when one of the DCs started telling ME how to do things, but I didn't. Gah! It's so obvious! :roll: Has this happened to anyone else? If so please do tell. ;)

HAGART

Re: I will be face-palming myself a lot today.

Postby HAGART » 18 Dec 2013 22:47

I've had some conversations in my dreams about lucid dreaming too, and never figured it out myself!
I wake up and smack my forehead and say, "D'oh!"

I felt like an expert discussing it with others, but I was just a fool not to know it myself.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar

Re: I will be face-palming myself a lot today.

Postby Vonozar » 19 Dec 2013 04:19

HAGART wrote:I felt like an expert discussing it with others, but I was just a fool not to know it myself.

Yeah, that's how I felt too. It's like "Uh, whoops. :roll: :oops: " Especially when it's quite obvious.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”