Hearing a lot of voices during WILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Highlander

Hearing a lot of voices during WILD

Postby Highlander » 19 Dec 2013 16:27

On my WILDs, i hear some voices at the beginning. This is normal. It's my thoughts that i hear or a dream starting to form. But this week i experienced something different. I started to hear a lot of voices at the same time, kinda like i was catching a huge amount of stuff in the air. I heard a couple arguing, a dog barking, a man comenting on sports game, a guy singing, and a lot of people talking to each other. All of this at the same time, for about 10 seconds, then the dream started.
Has this happened to you?

HAGART

Re: Hearing a lot of voices during WILD

Postby HAGART » 19 Dec 2013 19:26

Yea it has.

I once heard an entire room full of people talking and I couldn't discern what each was saying. It seemed like each person had their own unique voice and personality. I thought to myself, this is where dream characters come from. That's essentially what they were, but without any visuals to give them form. I wasn't completely in a dream yet, so I didn't create any visuals to give 'life' to them.

I know of at least three times this has happened to me. It feels like listening to voices on a radio that is playing in a different room, slightly distant and not coming from directly in my head. I'll have to check my dream journal, but if I remember correctly, I think the voices all disappear when I get up from my dream bed and start walking around. All my WILDs start that way now, and I don't enter dreams, but get up in a dream version of my own room. (I still WILD by accident on occasion and have never done one purposefully. It tends to happen after a lucid dream when I try to prolong it after it fades away).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 Dec 2013 23:17

HAGART wrote:All my WILDs start that way now, and I don't enter dreams, but get up in a dream version of my own room.

Yes. Mine too. All of my succesfull WILDs (intentional or not) always start this way. Me in my bed, then i get out of bed but my room is always dark like in real life at that moment. Sometimes i would like to enter in a different and already created scenario. Starting in my room makes me want to find something or some way to develop my dream and not loose it. But it's a wonderful experience.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Dec 2013 02:10

All you have to do is leave the house and get far away from the point of origin. That tends to take me to places that are completely new and filled by my subconscious instead of how I remember my house looking. You could even try diving into the floor and see where you end up. Or try closing your eyes and falling backward. (I've never actually done these, but I just instinctively feel they would probably work and take you to a new dream scene).

Then again, some of my best lucid dreams took place in a dream version of my house and I never bothered to leave. You can get a lot done and try experiments. Talk to dream characters, raid the fridge, look in mirrors, see what's on TV even. (I never tried that last one, but I bet it would yield some interesting results. LD challenge: see what's on TV. It will no doubt be a link to your subconscious). Then try and enter the TV.... :o
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 20 Dec 2013 10:30

Yes. I've been trying some new stuff. What i do most is open my window shades (or window blinds) and jump from my window. Everytime i do this, the outside environment is always different. Kinda cool.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 05:12

The one experience I had of LOTS of voices coming in at once (in between sleep/wake states I can sometimes have just a few but that's different) was an experience I had when fully awake and while I was walking down our cities mall in real life.

I believe I spontanously tuned into human telepathic frequency.. it was horrible.. so many voices they were all melding..they started out as murmers everywhere around me where people were but then ended up and like roaring in my head due to too many and the more focus I put on this the louder it went, making me want to start screaming.. the voices got louder and louder, unbearable till I was innerly pleading for it to all stop.. it was going to drive me crazy.. I put my hands over my ears but of cause couldnt stop all the noise as it wasnt being actually heard by my physical ears. Till I was pleading with higher sources to make this stop. Fortunately this experience lasted an extremely short time.

If I thou focused on anyone in the mall, I could intensify their inner voice to like the forefront of all the other inner voices of people there. Im sure that experience I heard everyones thoughts about me that day in the mall. It was a scary experience for me as I had no idea how to deal with this and no knowing on how to stop it.

Maybe during you actually tuned into something like this... the telepathic energy field.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 03 Jan 2014 18:39

I've just gotten sleep paralysis two mornings in a row. These weren't on purpose, but they weren't very scary. What happened this morning was I was in sleep paralysis and I heard someone with a very strange voice say my name. That was pretty strange.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”