Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 4th attempt)

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 3rd attempt

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2013 05:37

Peter wrote:The transitions are nice when they smooth out and the suddenness of just being there if it is a WILD is stunning.

What I noticed was that I was just kind of riding along on the edge, right at the transition point. Normally you just pass through that point fairly quickly, but it was like just hanging out right there. you can just play around there, and move in and out fairly easily. A slight bit of intention can make the shift, it's like the control is much finer. But the really amazing part was how awake I still felt the entire time while going from dream to awake and back to dream again.

Peter wrote:I like the level of awareness that comes with using G & C combinations and the dreams become another life or another place with the level of interaction.

This time was a distinctively different level of awareness, very unique feel to it, although the dreams didn't have much depth. I think that's also because I got in a bit on the late side after almost 8 hours of sleep. I've read that they are suppose to peak at 1 hour, but that's not correct for me. Think it would be better to take them at 0300 instead of 0400 because it takes 2-3 hours for me to get to the right state. This is the second time that's happened so next time I will start earlier.

Peter wrote:Your control must be good as you still need a reasonable level of ability to extend the dreams and to come in and out with intent.

I was working on the in and out control which is course much easier with G and C because of the extended slow transition. It gives you the chance to spend more time practicing that because you are just hanging out on the edge. Still haven't been able to extend the time on these yet but I still think that's partially because of not getting in earlier. Will try again in around a week.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Dec 2013 07:54

But the really amazing part was how awake I still felt the entire time while going from dream to awake and back to dream again.

Its so smooth that you wonder why you can always be like that, as simple as breathe in (there) breathe out (awake( and so on. It is amazing and more so when you get the fact that you have control of it and are not a victim like in FA's. The shift is easy and seamless.

I think the peak is about one hour but depending on dehydration and your metabolism that could change. I am steady at about one hour till i get the feelings of it all coming on but can miss the entry if I go to sleep and get lucid a little later in the morning sometimes.
I want to try taking 8mg and then at about 50 minutes another cap and see if that extends it - and then not sure if I really want to either.
The awareness is more like total immersion where you are complete and in another world and really you are. Whatever it is, in you mind or out or a mixture you are in another place and its a wonderland.

I use the stuff every couple of weeks, would be weekly but have a lot on and with crazy hours I put sleep and health first but I do have very real vivid dreams every night and dont feel the need for much more a lot of the time. They are just as real but without the same control.

In thinking about it you are really tapping into something that is there and does not need you to exist so the flow in and out should be that easy all the time but we all know thats not the case.

Keep at it and keep posting on this, its making me think a bit and I like following what you are doing
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Dec 2013 02:29

Peter wrote: Its so smooth that you wonder why you can always be like that, as simple as breathe in (there) breathe out (awake( and so on. It is amazing and more so when you get the fact that you have control of it and are not a victim like in FA's. The shift is easy and seamless.

To me WILD feels like trying to land an airplane on the dream runway. Normally that runway is pretty small and the angle of descent seems steep. With G and C, it's like you are flying level over the runway which is now about a thousand times longer. You can land easily and gently, and then take off again, land again. The runway is just sitting there below you and you have really fine control to land. That's about the best way I can describe it.

Peter wrote: I think the peak is about one hour but depending on dehydration and your metabolism that could change. I am steady at about one hour till i get the feelings of it all coming on but can miss the entry if I go to sleep and get lucid a little later in the morning sometimes.
I want to try taking 8mg and then at about 50 minutes another cap and see if that extends it - and then not sure if I really want to either.

I read somewhere that G has a peak of 1 hour, but 2 hours for C. Of course there are other factors as you say.

Peter wrote:The awareness is more like total immersion where you are complete and in another world and really you are. Whatever it is, in you mind or out or a mixture you are in another place and its a wonderland.

Are you noticing a difference in the quality of the dreams? I haven't that yet, but my LDs are already just like what you described so I'm wondering if they could get much better. I experience total separation between my "self" and the dream world just like waking life and have amazing experiences while making mental notes to myself and thinking about my "day life" during the dreams.

Peter wrote: I use the stuff every couple of weeks, would be weekly but have a lot on and with crazy hours I put sleep and health first but I do have very real vivid dreams every night and dont feel the need for much more a lot of the time. They are just as real but without the same control.

So far I haven't experienced any greater control in the LDs, but I haven't had any long ones yet. The main thing has been a huge increase of control at the entry point which is always the trickiest part for WILD. As far as using them often, my only fear is not physical, but psychological dependence. I feel the need to make sure between using them that I still have at least one LD without them in between. That's just me though and others may not find that necessary.

Peter wrote: In thinking about it you are really tapping into something that is there and does not need you to exist so the flow in and out should be that easy all the time but we all know thats not the case.

Keep at it and keep posting on this, its making me think a bit and I like following what you are doing

It's definitely an exercise in exploration of another world for me too. That's the main reason why I do it. Will keep posting here on any new G and C attempts.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lucidinthe sky

Re: Galantamine and Choline (updated: Successful 4th attempt

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2013 17:44

Used the supplements again last night, took them at 0210 hoping to get more out of the experience. Stayed awake for 2 hours, then things started getting moving. HI started picking up with assorted visuals and sounds. There was a repeating sound like aluminum foil crinkling that went on for a several minutes. I popped into a dream which was me taking the supplements so I didn't recognize it as a dream. In the dream, I had taken them and was staggering around this room, amazed at the effect thinking to myself "maybe I took too much, this is stronger than I thought." Woke up from that and found everything back to normal, all of the intensity was imagined. Then, soon after HI started again and I could see the entry point coming up. I imagined standing up on my bed and falling backwards onto it. That surprised me, it was really intense. There was a flood of intense feelings and felt like I was separating from the reality of my physical bed. Then I decided to try to leave my body and rise up out of it. That was even more intense, felt a complete separation and leaving my body floating upward, but freaked out and woke up. I expected to be in a similar mental state when I woke up, but was completely back to normal with no effects at all. That showed me that the supplements weren't controlling me, I was in control, they were just intensifying the experience. Big difference. Anyway, got upset with myself at that point, for blowing a perfectly fantastic OBE and it took quite a while before getting back to the entry point again. The next opportunity came and I started walking down a hallway right into a lucid dream. Soon there were other DCs around me and I started flying above them, asking them if they wanted me to pick them up to fly with me. Quite a few were really obese and started wondering whether I would be pulled back to the ground with them. Fortunately, the heavy ones refused to go. Finally one agreed so I grabbed her and started flying around with her. That was fun until I decided to try flipping over on my back and flying upside down which resulted in a crash landing. Woke up from that. No other LDs after that, but I did have an extended period of great music playing with someone singing strange lyrics which I can't remember, but made me laugh at times.

So what I learned this time was that G and C can really increase the intensity of the HI, entry point and dreams, but only after you get to the starting point. You still have to get there. They don't do that part for you. They don't help you get to sleep which I already knew, but they don't even effect your waking mind state so if you don't get relaxed and your mind is still going at the waking state level, they aren't going to change that. They really are enhancements, not some kind of lucid dream pills. Because of the increase in intensity it's easy to conclude that G and C are controlling the experience, but that's not true. You are still in complete control although everything you are imagining is more intense.

All in all, it was another really interesting and entertaining experience and so far 3 out of 4 times resulted in LDs. None of them were very long so far. One of the most interesting parts of using them is playing around at the entry stage. And also knowing that you have all the same level, or even more control with G and C.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”