Is it possible to Lucid dream without a dream diary/Journal.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tre20tyu

Is it possible to Lucid dream without a dream diary/Journal.

Postby tre20tyu » 20 Dec 2013 04:15

I been wondering about this question for a while now. Might anyone know?

Snaggle

Re: Is it possible to Lucid dream without a dream diary/Jour

Postby Snaggle » 20 Dec 2013 05:07

Yes! The purpose of a dream diary is to help you recall dreams and help one incubate becoming lucid in them. People were having lucid dreams before they were a fad and without dream diaries.

There are a couple of questions you need to ask yourself before you keep a dream diary.

#1 Do you remember your every night? If not keeping a dream journal is a good way to incubate being aware in dreams and ones you are aware to become lucid in them.

#2 Have you experienced spontaneous WILDs? If you can't, it's likely you can't intentionally do WILDs.

#3 Can can or have you done spontaneous or intentional dream returns? If you have you can just use the Wake Back To Bed or DILD method to lucid dream an so don't need a journal. Even if you've never done a dream return you could try those methods and if successful LD without a dream journal.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Re: Is it possible to Lucid dream without a dream diary/Jour

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Dec 2013 04:57

tre20tyu wrote:I been wondering about this question for a while now. Might anyone know?

I have had quite a few lucid dreams and don't have a journal. One of the main purposes of the dream journal is to help with recall which is an important step towards having lucid dreams. If you already have good recall, then you can do without it. In any case, I do think it's a good idea and helps you in other ways too.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”