Zombie DCs

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
RustyMinecart

Zombie DCs

Postby RustyMinecart » 20 Dec 2013 08:06

The only DCs I have ever encountered just walked around with no reason or emotion. Just wandering around. I did get a reaction out of one by pointing a gun at it though. He looked terrified! I did not shoot though. Can anyone explain why they just wander around like that?
You Create Your Own Reality

Summerlander

Re: Zombie DCs

Postby Summerlander » 20 Dec 2013 13:27

Perhaps you don't expect them to have much life because you don't regard them as real people. When they react to things as though they are sentient, it is most likely due to your expectation. Watching DCs can tell us a lot about ourselves as well as our theory of mind.

Another reason why lucid dream characters are usually more inert or mechanical as opposed to ordinary dream characters is your mindful state.

By becoming lucid you have broken the illogical spell of normal dreaming. Your mindful state means that you will no longer swallow absurd plots and you are aware of the illusory surroundings. So the dream people mill about differently in accordance with your observance versus your desire to see more life and rational conduct on their part.

The moment you interact with them, they may display intelligent attributes. But beware. You risk trading your lucidity for that. There is always a "danger" in a lucid dream that you may lose yourself in the illusion of sentience displayed by DCs. When that happens, they appears to become more sure of themselves while you suddenly become more irrational, as though brain damaged, and, before you know it, you are merely dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Dec 2013 23:12

I've noticed this too when I am lucid in a public place in a dream. They all seem to meander, looking busy but doing nothing at all.

What I have done is call out to them all and ask, "Does anybody know this is a dream?" Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes one will pipe up and say, yes, and other times they will all point at somebody in unison as if they are all sharing the same mind. There will be a person they are pointing to and before I speak to them I can already tell, just by a feeling, that they will be a 'talker'. Other times, among a crowd of wandering zombie-minded people, I have noticed a person that stands out. They are usually a little bit brighter than the others and looking right at me. They are 'talkers' too.

That feeling I get may just be my own expectations. You said, '...point a gun at IT'. I suppose when we think of them as just objects in a dream they will behave as such.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RustyMinecart

Postby RustyMinecart » 07 Jan 2014 06:37

I guess you are right. In my last lucid dream though, they had as much character as real people do. I could strike up a good conversation with any of them. They certainly reacted to situations like real people would have. Like me stealing someones candy. Thinking about it, maybe some Dcs react rather than act.
You Create Your Own Reality

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Jan 2014 07:09

That's true. Some don't do anything until you engage them. And my approach to them tends to dictate their behavior. If I am hostile, they will be hostile right back. If I am friendly, they will act in kind. Then sometimes they are the ones that engage me!, but they were never a 'zombie' to begin with. Aren't those talkative ones great?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2014 01:13

They certainly are.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 01:03

As you noticed pointing a gun at one can get a reaction... doing other shocking things can get a reaction too. Ive had fun by doing a strip show in front of DCs who were boring secretaries behind a desk to get a reaction. That really got them reacting!! and gave me a laugh at their reactions. (I think I woke myself up on that occassion as I was laughing too much).

One can interact with the dream in shocking ways if a dream is being boring and those zombies are likely to react. If a dream is being lifeless, get yourself involved in it more.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”