Meeting my dead grandfather

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
pluginmango

Meeting my dead grandfather

Postby pluginmango » 17 Dec 2013 13:44

My grandfather passed away 11 years ago due to a heart attack. I never had the chance to say goodbye or to tell him how much I loved him. We've always been very close. Fast forward into the present: I've been dating for 3 years now and I always wondered what my grandfather would've thought of my boyfriend. I'm sure they'd get along just fine.

2 months ago, I suddenly had this dream.
I was sitting on the ground, at a florist. All around me where flowers, bushes, little trees, etc. It was a warm and sunny day and I was feeling relaxed. Suddenly It occured to me that I was dreaming, so I stood up and walked around for a bit, discovering the area. The first thing that came to mind was meeting someone who I had a crush on, but I haven't spoken to for quite some time. I found him standing at the end of a long path. I went straight up to him and asked him if he ever had feelings for me. Unfortunately, his answer was pretty vague and I don't really remember what he said exactly. I only remember feeling puzzled. Thinking this was rather disappointing, I thought of something to do next. I wanted to meet my grandfather. I walked down this path again and arrived at a huge intersection with thousands of people walking up and down the roads and swarming around me. At first I thought I'd never find my grandpa, but I knew I'd recognize him immediately if I saw him. I turned around and he was walking towards me. He looked so good and happy! He hugged me and said he was happy to see me. I asked him what his thoughts were on my relationship and my boyfriend and all he said was: "He's a good guy!"

I had a dream about my grandfather 3 years ago while I was in the middle of having extreme anxiety disorders. He said to me that everything was going to be alright and that I didn't have to worry about a thing, because he knew I was a strong girl. And you know what, I did get better. My anxiety disorder is completely gone now :)
There is no spoon

Summerlander

Re: Meeting my dead grandfather

Postby Summerlander » 17 Dec 2013 19:20

I'm very happy for you. Your grandfather was right! I've experienced meeting my deceased stepfather in lucid dreams. Very realistic and he seemed mostly happy. Such experiences do provide comfort and can help during grieving.

There is a way to summon your granddad a lot quicker. The lucid dream world does not have to follow physical world rules where movement and distance are concerned. You can just call out his name while expecting him to walk in a dream room. You can also imagine that he is right beside you (believe that he is already there), turn around, and see him there.

To make conversations with him last and to prevent waking up or losing lucidity, here is a tip: rub your hands together during the dialogue. The background sensation will help. He could even become become your most coherent and clear "dream guide."

By the way, do you believe it was really your granddad or do you think you saw what you wanted to see (expectation maybe)?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 17 Dec 2013 20:33

I'll definitely try to use the hand rubbing trick, thanks again :D

At first I wasn't quite sure whether or not it was him, because he was dressed real fancy (white shirt and black trousers). In my first dream he was wearing his working clothes, which he used to wear a lot when he was still alive, so that time I was pretty sure it was him. In my second dream, he didn't actually say much to me...Hmm, maybe it really was my expectation. I'll try to find him again in my next lucid dream :D
There is no spoon

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Dec 2013 02:43

I hope you find what you are looking for! Do share with us when you meet him again. Meeting deceased loved ones in lucid dreams is always fascinating! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Dec 2013 19:41

Meeting deceased loved ones is a great thing to do with lucid dreams. I don't think I actually meet their spirits beyond the grave, but it doesn't matter. It's very cathartic and that's all that matters.

Back in July, my German Shepard passed away of old age after 12 years. :cry: I became lucid and got up from my bed and was in a dream version of my house. I decided to go outside and meet my dog. A dog showed up, but it didn't quite look the same and the fur was much darker, and the face was blacker. The dog was certainly happy to see me, so I knelt down. When it licked my cheek there was no mistaking it. I just knew at that moment it was her. It just had the same feel to it. I actually started to tear up in the dream and I think that was first time I ever cried in a lucid dream.

A few weeks later, I was in a lucid dream and flying/hovering around and I saw my dog again. She had her favorite ball in her mouth and was trying to jump up to greet me. I asked, "Are you happy?". With a human voice she replied, "Yes". I waved good-bye and haven't seen her in my lucid dreams since.

Getting in touch with our feelings and finding closure after the loss of a loved one is a very powerful gift we lucid dreams have.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 19 Dec 2013 20:36

Awww, that must've been so sad!
It is somewhat reassuring to see them again and hearing they're happy, even though it's just a dream.
We tend to hold on to those dreams as if they have the power to ease our sorrow a little bit, at least I do.

Thanks for sharing ;)
There is no spoon

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Dec 2013 15:42

I had a lucid dream where I met a child version of my stepfather. I had entered the hallway mirror in my dream house and found him living in the mirror world. He was only a little boy but he spoke with an adult voice. He also played guitar for me (something he never did in real life). I couldn't contain my emotions and burst into tears. The dream character, now looking like a living porcelain doll, caressed my cheek and shod a single tear before I woke up. Upon awakening, I had mixed feelings. On one hand I was missing my stepfather, on the other I was glad I could meet several versions of him in great realism by lucid dreaming. I felt that particular lucid dream was emotional, poetic, and beautiful. 8-)

- Padmasambhava

pluginmango

Postby pluginmango » 20 Dec 2013 19:52

If there was a "like" button for that post, I'd hit it :)
There is no spoon

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Dec 2013 23:55

Thanks! :P *blushes*

- Padmasambhava

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 21 Dec 2013 00:30

This is a very interesting subject.
I had 2 meetings with my dead uncle. One was many years ago (2 years after he passed away). I never knew about lucid dreaming, but when he appeared, i knew i was dreaming. I asked him what is like being "up there" and he said it's good and he's ok.
This year i had the 2nd meeting and he said that he's doing fine and that he's finding me interesting because i'm becoming a more spiritual person.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”