My first lucid dreaming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
KZ dreamer

My first lucid dreaming

Postby KZ dreamer » 23 Dec 2013 02:23

My first was when I was about 13 years old, as you mentioned it can begin when you have learned to wake yourself from nightmares, which I had. One time though before I woke myself it occurred to me that it was my conscious mind that was present in the dream and I was then less frightened by the nightmare scene that was transpiring. In the dream I was running away from someone, my conscious mind is one that doesn't run from much, so I caused myself in the dream to stop running and turn around. I was surprised that the person chasing me, though unknown to me as the dreamer, was someone that my conscious mind recognized. I simply told the chaser they could no longer chase me and scare me anymore. I awoke feeling really empowered and I never did have that dream again. I then started to recall other recurring dreams as I would fall asleep, telling myself I would have the same consciousness return during them and I was able to stop all of my frightening dreams and experience the ones I enjoyed over and over again. I did have an experience though that made me stop my experimenting with dreams and meditation. I was stuck in a weird state of mind that felt not fully connected to my awake state for a couple of days and that scared me. I have since talked to a psychologist that thinks that the "switch" that triggers our sub-conscious to take over when we fall asleep and dream kind of got stuck and didn't fully switch off for that time...maybe I will experiment again..reading all these others inspiring stories.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”