Hi!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
CookieMonster:3

Hi!

Postby CookieMonster:3 » 23 Dec 2013 18:23

Um, hello everyone!
To begin with, I'm a 14 year old girl. One of my friends introduced a book to me called 'The Complete Book of Dreams and Dreaming'. The book mention lucid dreaming and I found the topic very interesting. So I googled it and ta-da! This sight came up. This sight is perfect. I've been spending a lot of my Christmas vacation reading Rebecca's articles. Both my mom and my sister think this is very silly, so I can't wait to have my first lucid dream. Any tips?

pluginmango

Re: Hi!

Postby pluginmango » 23 Dec 2013 19:10

Hi Cookiemonster!

Welcome to the forum, i'm new here too ;)
Have your mom and sister read the book? Maybe they'd change their opinion on it when they did :D
As far as my tip goes: don't try to rush it too much! I've been working on it for over a week now and I found that it's much easier for me to have a lucid dream when I don't ponder on it too much ;)

The few lucid dreams I had were actually "accidental".

Good luck with your first LD and feel free to share it with us if you like to :D
Happy Holidays!
There is no spoon

CookieMonster:3

Postby CookieMonster:3 » 23 Dec 2013 21:26

pluginmango wrote:Hi Cookiemonster!

Have your mom and sister read the book? Maybe they'd change their opinion on it when they did :D
As far as my tip goes: don't try to rush it too much! I've been working on it for over a week now and I found that it's much easier for me to have a lucid dream when I don't ponder on it too much ;)

Good luck with your first LD and feel free to share it with us if you like to :D
Happy Holidays!
pluginmango wrote:Hi Cookiemonster!

Happy Holidays!

Thank you very much. I don't think having them read the book would change anything. They think very alike. They aren't very open to new ideas. It doesn't matter though. Thank you for your tip!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Dec 2013 21:56

My mother thinks it's silly too.
But that means I know I'm on the right track for inner growth.
Sometimes we have to defy them, and mother doesn't always know best. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 28 Dec 2013 22:44

my family and most of my friends are pretty much the same too, they all think my fascination with LDs is a bit silly ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2013 02:46

We are Alice in wonderland, and although it's hard to explain, there is nothing silly about it.
Our mothers will scoff at us when we try to explain a 'white rabbit', but it makes sense to us.

Making sense of the absurd is what dreaming is all about! ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”