The Awareness Behind The Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
TillyPink

Re: The Awareness Behind The Dream

Postby TillyPink » 24 Dec 2013 00:06

Haggart it was fantastic that you were able to directly engage with the idea. So much of this stuff is practice, and no doubt you'll try again and perhaps next time check yourself to remember the absence of a non-literal world. The 'falling backwards' sequence offered you a new creativity to get away from the paranoia of meeting a menacing character. So it is relevant to the post in so much as you were able to try something new to change your perception and dreamscape, so in the same way it builds unconscious potential to find a new way to engage with the exploration of our dreams within our dreams...if that makes sense? I wanted to say also i'd missed your post on how you were exploring the idea of consciousness and your comparesson to plants and the idea of raw emotion was pretty thought provoking and I have similar thoughts on the subject. I work with animals and the raw emotion ideas reminded me of how i perceive their consciousness. I've learnt a lot from this thread.

BTW, I tried spinning the other night in a LD (a technique learned from here) but it didn't re-place me (although i was in this cool swirly vortex) so after that i too tried falling backwards...I didn't go somewhere new but it stabilised me for where i was going to go from where i was if that makes sense (ended up in a bedsit where i lived some years ago and a cool set of events occurred there)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2013 10:40

Hmm...falling backwards meant falling backwards in time (mnemonically). Interesting. And such a move can indeed lelp the lucid dreamer stabilise the dream environment even the the structure changes.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 24 Dec 2013 23:51

Ahhh see what you did there. That's really good! Hadn't thought of it. And had to look the word mnemonically up :geek: I think dreaming is like poetry...everything informs everything else, nothing is surpless. Like eco friendly imagination :) Although i did dream of doing the dusting once. But...i guess...i was just dusting off my most inner self :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2013 11:30

Lol! Yeah! And the poetic is one of the qualities I like about the dreaming mind. One person who has revolutionised our understanding of dream psychology in my opinion is Stephen LaBerge.

There are so many associations that lucid dreams make which we don't usually or consciously make. I particularly like the subject of "dream schemas" in his amazing book "Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming."

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 28 Dec 2013 00:37

I have no idea what makes me nervous about Stephen LaBerge but since his name comes up again and again i must submit to my feelings and get a book.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2013 01:36

Are there any free-online books?
I'm very cheap! :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Dec 2013 07:02

I have no idea what makes me nervous about Stephen LaBerge

Dont be, he has a lot of cred and been at this for a long time but there is no standard for dreamers so get on with it hold you head high. I like his work and sent in a bit of stuff to him a while back but found it only flowed one way so stopped
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2013 02:55

He's busy man for sure. Have a look at his literature though. You can't go wrong with it. He does not talk about any awareness behind the dream, like Waggoner, but he does encourage the use of lucid dreaming for self-integration. The techniques for lucid dreaming have also been tried and tested and can easily be verified by just about everyone.

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Dec 2013 08:40

They are both experienced and heading left and right but have the common link. I think they are both points of sanity and important for the big picture and to keep interest and bringing people together
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”