Questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
CookieMonster:3

Questions

Postby CookieMonster:3 » 23 Dec 2013 18:41

Hi. So I'm a beginner (obviously). I recently discovered lucid dreaming when a friend of mine introduced me to the book 'The Complete Book of Dreams and Dreaming' where lucid dreaming was mentioned. So I googled lucid dreaming and found this website. I'm just wondering if anyone could give me a few tips.
Also, the other night I was practicing the MILD technique. I had just finished repeating some lucid affirmations so I moved on to visualizing a past dream of mine. I was beginning to fall asleep. I'm not sure what I was dreaming of, I just remember ordering someone to give something to me and snapping my fingers. The thing is, when I dreamt I snapped my fingers, I actually snapped my fingers. This woke me straight up. Is that normal?
Also, I've been working on remembering my dreams. I read Rebecca's article on how to remember your dreams and I've been waking myself up at night. The problem is, when I wake up, I'm so sleep I just plummet straight back to sleep. Also, I usually don't even remember what I dreamt of. It is not until the morning when I wake up and begin writing down the dream I recently had, do the other dreams I had through the night begin to come back to me. Is that normal?
One last thing. I've been practicing reality checks throughout the days and I notice I am not putting real feeling when I ask myself if this is all real or if I am dreaming or not. Any suggestions on how to be a better reality checker?

Juggernaut625

Re: Questions

Postby Juggernaut625 » 24 Dec 2013 12:14

What's up buddy :)
I'm actually quite like you, I still consider myself a beginner though I've experienced many lucid dreams now (which I can tell you is great). So anyways, to your questions.

The first one, about snapping your fingers, I done it too. Instead of snapping my fingers, I talked to someone but I heard myself mumble it in real life as well as in the dream. This woke me up near instantly and I was very confused, later to find it was only because I was in a VERY light sleep, so I can imagine that would be the same case with you.

Remembering your dreams is quite easy actually. Wake yourself up every couple of hours in the night (alarm clock or something like that), if you wake yourself up you should be able to remember a dream. If you can't, that's fine. Just write down whatever you remember onto a piece of paper or in a notepad, then reset your alarm clock and do it again. Write down as many dreams as you can in as much detail as possible, and write it in 'now' if you know what I mean, like "I'm inside a white box" instead of "I was inside a white box". With practice you will begin to remember your dreams more vividly! I can actually still remember when I first started off, literally all I could remember in my dreams was the bear necessities. I would be in a white box with a couple of friends, no textures etc. But within I think 2 weeks I was having dreams where I can remember being in hills transported somewhere, seeing the vast tree's and the fields in the distance - the fog growing as I got higher, it's quite extraordinary once you get the hang of it. Also, when you have quite a few dreams, underline or highlight anything that is common - such as a dream character or dream object, if they keep appearing in your dream that you see in real life, try and do reality checks around that such as the jumping reality check or the finger in palm (which I find quite difficult in dreams). Talking about reality checks, let's get onto that :D.

So with Reality checks, how? How would you go about really putting meaning into them, making sure they would work in dreams? Well, the trick is your mind. Whenever you do a reality check, don't just push your fingers against your palm and then walk away. Though this helps you actually do it in dreams, it very rarely will actually push through your palm in a dream because your sub-conscious doesn't expect it to. However, if you do the palm-through-hand technique multiple times in real life while thinking deeply "They will go through, I can see my hand going through my palm". Emphasise the thought so it travels throughout the mind, I know it sounds daft just really think about it. Though you may look silly doing so, your the one who will experience a LD in the foreseeable future. :D There's an assortment of reality checks you can do, for me personally the easiest is the jumping reality check. In a dream where I became semi-lucid, I tried the finger-through-palm technique with no avail, but with a couple of meaningful jumps I start to float and tada I'm lucid! :D

Trust me buddy, if your finding it difficult - don't worry. Unfortunately I can't really give much advice on difficulty, as it was generally easy for me personally though different people will find it harder.

Also, I highly recommend you watch this lucid video that increases your chances of having a lucid dream tonight! Do what the video says, and you will succeed. Maybe not tonight or the next week, but you will succeed in time. Actually, I done this yesterday night and guess what? I became lucid! Though what I tried to do was quite... sexual ;)

Hope I helped mate, if you need any more information just reply!

Postby CookieMonster:3 » 24 Dec 2013 13:48

Juggernaut625 wrote:What's up buddy :)
I'm actually quite like you, I still consider myself a beginner though I've experienced many lucid dreams now (which I can tell you is great). So anyways, to your questions.

The first one, about snapping your fingers, I done it too. Instead of snapping my fingers, I talked to someone but I heard myself mumble it in real life as well as in the dream. This woke me up near instantly and I was very confused, later to find it was only because I was in a VERY light sleep, so I can imagine that would be the same case with you.

Remembering your dreams is quite easy actually. Wake yourself up every couple of hours in the night (alarm clock or something like that), if you wake yourself up you should be able to remember a dream. If you can't, that's fine. Just write down whatever you remember onto a piece of paper or in a notepad, then reset your alarm clock and do it again. Write down as many dreams as you can in as much detail as possible, and write it in 'now' if you know what I mean, like "I'm inside a white box" instead of "I was inside a white box". With practice you will begin to remember your dreams more vividly! I can actually still remember when I first started off, literally all I could remember in my dreams was the bear necessities. I would be in a white box with a couple of friends, no textures etc. But within I think 2 weeks I was having dreams where I can remember being in hills transported somewhere, seeing the vast tree's and the fields in the distance - the fog growing as I got higher, it's quite extraordinary once you get the hang of it. Also, when you have quite a few dreams, underline or highlight anything that is common - such as a dream character or dream object, if they keep appearing in your dream that you see in real life, try and do reality checks around that such as the jumping reality check or the finger in palm (which I find quite difficult in dreams). Talking about reality checks, let's get onto that :D.

So with Reality checks, how? How would you go about really putting meaning into them, making sure they would work in dreams? Well, the trick is your mind. Whenever you do a reality check, don't just push your fingers against your palm and then walk away. Though this helps you actually do it in dreams, it very rarely will actually push through your palm in a dream because your sub-conscious doesn't expect it to. However, if you do the palm-through-hand technique multiple times in real life while thinking deeply "They will go through, I can see my hand going through my palm". Emphasise the thought so it travels throughout the mind, I know it sounds daft just really think about it. Though you may look silly doing so, your the one who will experience a LD in the foreseeable future. :D There's an assortment of reality checks you can do, for me personally the easiest is the jumping reality check. In a dream where I became semi-lucid, I tried the finger-through-palm technique with no avail, but with a couple of meaningful jumps I start to float and tada I'm lucid! :D

Trust me buddy, if your finding it difficult - don't worry. Unfortunately I can't really give much advice on difficulty, as it was generally easy for me personally though different people will find it harder.

Also, I highly recommend you watch this lucid video that increases your chances of having a lucid dream tonight! Do what the video says, and you will succeed. Maybe not tonight or the next week, but you will succeed in time. Actually, I done this yesterday night and guess what? I became lucid! Though what I tried to do was quite... sexual ;)

Hope I helped mate, if you need any more information just reply!

Thanks so much. This really helped. What lucid video are you talking about?

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 24 Dec 2013 21:51

CookieMonster:3 wrote:Thanks so much. This really helped. What lucid video are you talking about?

I thought I missed something xD! Here it is:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

Postby CookieMonster:3 » 25 Dec 2013 00:11

Juggernaut625 wrote:
CookieMonster:3 wrote:Thanks so much. This really helped. What lucid video are you talking about?

I thought I missed something xD! Here it is:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

Thank you! And have a great Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Return to “For Beginners”