First False Awakening Experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mnr367

First False Awakening Experience

Postby mnr367 » 24 Dec 2013 15:10

I am very new into Lucid Dreaming, I am so interested the moment i heard about it and i always have feeling this is very much possible. Its now around 5 days i started practicing Lucid Dreaming and i have my first breakthrough.

I woke up suddenly and noticed that i am sleeping on a floor in a wooden house, suddenly i realized that i am in a dream and started saying calm down and did a reality check of Closed nose breathing but didn't work i got disappointed and stood up and walked towards an open room found out that my friend is doing some exercise.I decided to hit the road so went out side and started walking through road and look up in the sky and black sky turned in to an orange one so i decided to try the jumping Technic as i am about to do that i woken up in to reality.

Can anyone Describe what i just experienced, is it called false awakening. am i very close to Lucid Dreaming?????

torakrubik

Re: First False Awakening Experience

Postby torakrubik » 25 Dec 2013 00:42

Yep, sounds exactly like a false awakening. Often reality checks break down here as your environment is so realistic that it's very hard to convince yourself that you are dreaming (even, in this case, having woken up on the floor in an unfamiliar place).
Dreaming is my drug

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 25 Dec 2013 07:43

mnr37 I would not call "waking up" in a dream a False Awakening. A proper FA is when who wake up in what seems to be the real world. If a vivd dream you'll be trapped in the FA until you wake up and FA and happen back to back.

Lucid Dream is actually a bad term for LD because one's "lucidity" can be as high as it is when awake (or one has ones real memories and conscious reasoning and perceptive abilities) even though one does not know one is in a dream - the normal case in any vivid FA- especially when one was already lucidly dreaming. FA are very common for beginning lucid dreamers.

What you had was the most basic form of a LD dream in which one knows one is dreaming while dreaming.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

mnr367

Postby mnr367 » 25 Dec 2013 13:21

Thanks for reply guys,

I am very disappointed that the reality check didn't work even though it's a Dream.

Now i started doing a new reality check of Writing down the word DREAM Near my Wrist, it always help me remind of Reality checks and hope this will help me get in to my next lucid Dream.

I found that WBTB method is one of the best.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 04:39

I wouldnt call that experience a false awakenening.. as another said a false awakenening is an experience where you wake up and thinking you have woken up in your normal physical reality but you arent really awake like you think you are.

Sounds like you very nearly had a LD.. you woke up in your dream and could of had a LD ...you were aware that you "could" be dreaming but then got confused when the reality check you did failed you.

That is why its often good to do more then just one kind of reality check... also look around yourself and ask "is there anything strange here which isnt like my normal physical life?". ... question the situation more.

Make sure when you do do your reality checks that you are open to actually finding that you are dreaming, you need to believe that you "may" be dreaming.. try not to doubt that you may be.

Dont try doing a reality check which has failed you again. You need to work out at least two different ones to try in future.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2013 22:04

Maybe we need a broader term.
I've had many text-book false awakenings.

But what do you call it when you have a false awakening in a dream. It tends to happen after a lucid dream fades to black, and when I open my eyes I find myself laying on the street in a city still in a dream! (That has literally happened, and I've had others similar to that).

You get up from a sleeping position and are still in a dream environment and completely lucid. We should coin a new phrase for it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Dec 2013 06:35

HAGART wrote:Maybe we need a broader term.
I've had many text-book false awakenings.

But what do you call it when you have a false awakening in a dream. It tends to happen after a lucid dream fades to black, and when I open my eyes I find myself laying on the street in a city still in a dream! (That has literally happened, and I've had others similar to that).

You get up from a sleeping position and are still in a dream environment and completely lucid. We should coin a new phrase for it.

Lucid dream awakening?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”