When is the best time to lucid dream and why/how?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dreaming

When is the best time to lucid dream and why/how?

Postby dreaming » 19 Dec 2013 03:58

For the past week I've been try to lucid dream with MILD but i still don't seem to lucid dream :|

I've also heard the best time to lucid dream is in the morning, how? I mean, when you wake up you wont be sleepy anymore to do a lucid dream, right?

When i do MILD i set my clock at 4:00am and so on but i cant do it....

thanks, paola ;)

RustyMinecart

Re: When is the best time to lucid dream and why/how?

Postby RustyMinecart » 19 Dec 2013 07:36

Morning or afternoon naps. Your body is just right for a lucid dream. Sleeping in does wonders. If you would want to know the best time at night, usually five or six hrs after you fall asleep.
You Create Your Own Reality

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 19 Dec 2013 16:05

I agree. In the morning is the best time. You are more awake than at 4am but your body still wants to relax. For me it works but after some 7-8 hours of sleep. I have a lot of them in saturday mornings, because i don't have to work. So, at around 8am is when i have the best LD's.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Dec 2013 19:59

Sleeping in has always been the best time to lucid dream. Mind awake, body asleep.
Sometimes I wake up, and know I can sleep for another hour, but I feel so awake I wonder if I ever will fall asleep again. But I always do and tend to have a DILD when that happens. If not lucid, at least those final dreams in the morning tend to be very vivid because we are so mentally alert at that time.

This is the basis of the CAT method. (Cycle Adjustment Technique). You sleep in when your mind is use to being awake, so you 'wake up' in the dream. Here's an article about it:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/cycle-adjustment-technique.html

That's also why Wake Back to Bed works so well too. We wake up our minds so when we fall asleep again, we are more mentally alert and thinking rationally and lucidly. It doesn't always mean a lucid dream will happen, but it sure increases the odds.

It's all about mind awake while the body sleeps.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Dec 2013 21:45

The best time for me is after 7 hours of sleep. WILD gets much easier with more sleep, if you can go 8 hours you can pretty much have WILD at will, at least that's been my repeated experience. Yesterday I had two LDs in a row, just going in and out of dreams to waking and back.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Dec 2013 02:07

The answer to the question really depends on the individual and the kind of lifestyle he or she leads. The post six or seven hours of sleep reply is generic but may not be applicable to people with soporific disorders - like narcolepsy - or analeptic, like insomnia.

For some, pre-naps work better than the antecedent full sleep. Physiology and psychology must be taken into account if we are to be precise.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Dec 2013 05:02

Everybody has their opinions, but the bottom line is: experiment and just find what works for you. I would also refer you to Stephen LaBerge's research since he has studied this extensively and probably knows more than anyone on this forum.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Dec 2013 11:28

Oh, he does. REM sleep is more frequent in the morning - provided that you go to bed at a decent hour - and lucid dreaming is more likely to occur then for the majority of healthy individuals. You can't go wrong with LaBerge.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”