A new LD challenge

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

A new LD challenge

Postby HAGART » 27 Dec 2013 23:00

I need to work up the courage to do this but here is my next goal/challenge.

Find a dream character. If they are aware it's a dream even better. Now look at them in the eyes very close, nose to nose. Stare into the black of their pupils and get lost in it and it becomes your whole world. What will happen and where will you end up?

It's like merging with your other self.
It will be a very spiritual, introspective experience. I just know it!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

TillyPink

Re: A new LD challenge

Postby TillyPink » 28 Dec 2013 00:27

hey again, I did this with myself in a mirror in a LD last week. I was scared to look in it after all the horror stories lol but when i did it was trippy, and i went nose to nose and looked deep into my own eyes. Funnily i did this this evening in my mirror in waking state....so HAGART my challenge back to you is to now go and look deep into yourself in your mirror in waking state. It will feel uncomfortable after a while...what i would ask you to do is to stay just over the point of the discomfort...I will certainly try to do this with a DC...i really want to develop my communication with DC's so this is a perfect heads up, thanks.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 28 Dec 2013 00:44

Sounds like an interesting challenge! Will be sure to give this one a go :)
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2013 04:34

Let us know how it goes.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 28 Dec 2013 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2013 10:47

I value your responses, but need to do this for myself. My belief is that DC's are a mental reflection of my inner self. And of course our deep expectations and desires will affect a lucid dream. It might take a month or so, but I find saying my thoughts out loud on the internet for others to read helps me remember to do it in a dream when I am alone within my inner self. Its so easy to forget lucid dream goals otherwise!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 04:28

I used to do this at times in real life while awake... and one can actually see ones face shift into others due to ones subconsciousness views on things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Dec 2013 05:34

I tried this in my lucid dream this morning. It was hectic and I kept changing my attention without really thinking too much. It was REM Rebound after a few days of not dreaming well, so I think that was why.

I saw a girl staring at me and she had some 'kaleidoscope eyes' which stood out to me, so I remembered to try this. (Or my subconscious remembered and it created her to remind me). I didn't say anything and pressed my eyes into hers. It was a little awkward invading someone else's space. Even though I knew it was a dream I still sensed that 'three-foot-personal space rule'. As I stared, I began to feel like I was viewing cross-eyed and say two distorted images start to overlap. Then they started to come into focus and I saw two other faces now, 4 eyes in total. I took a step back and they were my brother and his wife. I walked away.

Later a woman in her 40's or so, with short, curly hair, stared at me too and she had large, red eyes. I could see the design of the iris clearly, but they were ruby red! I didn't want to look into them up close; I was a little freaked out by it. I asked who she was, and right as I was saying it, she copied my words and asked who I was! I tried again, and forget the exact words I said, but it's like that annoying game, "Stop Copying Me!" But she was saying it at the exact same time. (My own expectations must have caused that, since I do think dream characters are projections of our inner selves, and desires).

Now what would happen if you look in a mirror in a lucid dream and gaze in your own eyes? Maybe you'll fall into the pupils and find yourself somewhere else! :shock: Maybe the man or woman in the mirror may come to life and become a dream character like all the others behind a sheet of glass, and talk on their own! :o (I can imagine both of those as possible, and my imagination now may be planting the results before I try, but then again... I am often surprised).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2014 13:16

HAGART.. I suggest to try this in a mirror in real life in a semi darkened room.. almost dark but so you can just see yourself. Its very freaky which you should see if you try this. Just stare into your eyes and dont break the stare.. just relaxed gaze.

I have several images appear in my mirror when I do this.. one an older woman with daggy lank hair but of the same colour as my own.. she has a larger nose then me and isnt attractive Another one which tends to appear in my image in the mirror.. my hair went from its normal long suddenly like shrunk grew backwards (so went short) with all these curls at the top of my head and my normal dark brown hour (looks black in the near dark) . well it went very BLONDE.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2014 13:17

HAGART.. I suggest to try this in a mirror in real life in a semi darkened room.. almost dark but so you can just see yourself. Its very freaky which you should see if you try this. Just stare into your eyes and dont break the stare.. just relaxed gaze.

I have several images appear in my mirror when I do this.. one an older woman with daggy lank hair but of the same colour as my own.. she has a larger nose then me and isnt attractive Another one which tends to appear in my image in the mirror.. my hair went from its normal long suddenly like shrunk grew backwards (so went short) with all these curls at the top of my head and my normal dark brown hair (looks black in the near dark) . well it went very BLOND and I was MALE.

its even more freaky to see this going on when one isnt LD.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”