Help man

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
blazing

Help man

Postby blazing » 27 Dec 2013 17:27

I really can't tell if I lucid Dream or not so I guess it is possible I have no expierence :/
So I'm going to try today to lucid dream....I did reality checks this mornining and I know i'm not lucid dreaming at the moment. What is the easiest techiniche? I'm techinally a begginer. My dreams are vivid but I don't have much freedom. Like that dream with the murderer I posted for you guys. I could only control 12 Percent of the Dream. I really need help. When I try to sleep parylisis thingy I turn on a lamp so I don't see haullisanations. I'm 13 about to turn 14 and, this was one of my goals of 2013.
P.S: Songs help me sleep :) like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXPV50Hx6V8

Snaggle

Re: Help man

Postby Snaggle » 28 Dec 2013 10:09

In my opinion one needs three things to be really lucid: one needs to know one is dreaming; one needs to have ones normal memories with one sense of self and to have ones awake reasoning ability. Most say one is lucid dreaming if one knows one is dreaming; but if one is also an amnesiac or can't detach oneself from the dream ones lucidity is very weak.

Vividness is variable as is control in lucid dreams and normal dreams. One can have complete control in normal dreams, but having Godlike power when one does not know one is dreaming, who one is and can't detach oneself from the dream and truly reason one is a zombie God :D Emotional intensity is also variable; but normally for new lucid dreams much more intense than anything one has experienced in waking life.

The Dream initiated lucid dream is the easiest, as one can do it whenever one has a dream.

Sleep paralysis is only slightly connected to the Old Hag experience and both also only weakly connected to lucid dreaming-IMO both SP and OH are just dream types that seem real, but are not any more real than false awakenings. Leaving on the lights does not stop dream monsters-it just tells them you're afraid. Feeling fear helps to incubate the monsters.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Dec 2013 18:14

Snaggle wrote:In my opinion one needs three things to be really lucid: one needs to know one is dreaming; one needs to have ones normal memories with one sense of self and to have ones awake reasoning ability. Most say one is lucid dreaming if one knows one is dreaming; but if one is also an amnesiac or can't detach oneself from the dream ones lucidity is very weak.

I agree with this very concise description. I don't count them as lucid dreams if I only have the first condition. The separation of dream world from the waking life "self" and waking life reasoning/decision making is the most important factor for me. Only at the highest levels of lucidity can I actually reflect on my waking life person's "day life" with a thought during the dream such as "What I am going to do when I wake up?" or "How does this lucid dream compare with the last one?"

Snaggle wrote: Leaving on the lights does not stop dream monsters-it just tells them you're afraid. Feeling fear helps to incubate the monsters.

Fear is the door through which monsters will pass. I've found that if you keep that door closed, they will stay out.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

blazing

Postby blazing » 28 Dec 2013 20:36

This kinda helps I'm going to have a talk with the "Evil" side of my mind and concurer it.
The part that tells me to do bad things. Like the mini versions of your self one is a devil one is a angel.

Return to “For Beginners”