Lucid Dream in Afternoon?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Lucid Dream in Afternoon?

Postby noahsaso » 11 Dec 2013 02:06

Is there any way to lucid dream during the normal day? For example, if it's like 4 or 5, and I get bored and have nothing to do, I want to try to lucid dream. Can I accomplish this? Thanks!

Re: Lucid Dream in Afternoon?

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2013 02:29

Of course you can. You can have a nap during the day, wake up, engage in some activity during the sleep inertia interlude, and then go back down in order to have a WILD. And even if you fall asleep a second time, with intention, you might just have a DILD. Naps can be taken advantage of and you can always employ the OOBE-separation technique when your inducing your lucid dream.

Do not attempt to induce a WILD directly (without any form of pre-sleep). This method of induction is too much of a challenge for the novice - though not impossible to accomplish.

I'd say stick to the shortcut to lucid dreamland.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Re: Lucid Dream in Afternoon?

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 04:52

I find that the only way I can often WILD during the day is to NOT nap first.. once Ive napped a bit Im then wild awake and have no chance of drifting into a sleep state at all (so not much chance of a WILD then). So my suggestion is going to be the opposite to summerlander's and I suggest to focus on going into a LD while you are trying to go to sleep for your afternoon nap.

Everyone is different, you may need to experiement to find out what works best for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”