Fully awake but mind stuck in a dream?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
doo

Fully awake but mind stuck in a dream?

Postby doo » 29 Nov 2013 01:07

So is it possible that your mind can be stuck in a dream while you are awake after you wake up? I know it's not Sleep paralysis cause I am able to move my body and this has been going on for quite sometime now and I get really paranoid because if feels as if someone is watching me and I mean I can't even use the restroom in the comfort of my own home. What do you guys think? :|

James

Re: Fully awake but mind stuck in a dream?

Postby James » 31 Dec 2013 11:16

The closest thing that I know about to what you're describing is probably sleep walking, do you think it is to do with this?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

dana73

Postby dana73 » 10 Feb 2014 14:40

last night i had a similar experience and i am also trying to find answers. i am an experienced lucid dreamer i am very comfortable in that state as i have been doing it for most of my life. last night was a little different. i was having a night mare in which i realized i was dreaming and became conscious but wanted to wake up. i knew where my sleeping body was but could do nothing to wake myself. it was as if i was trying to access my mind from another world. i was trying to access my body to call out to my boyfriend and when that didn’t work i tried punching the bed to wake him up all while standing by my front door in my dream. finally i tried to roll my body over in hopes to shake myself awake and that finally worked and i awoke with a gasp and i FULL body tingle.

the only thing i can relate this to is a mix of lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 08:32

dana73 wrote:last night i had a similar experience and i am also trying to find answers. i am an experienced lucid dreamer i am very comfortable in that state as i have been doing it for most of my life. last night was a little different. i was having a night mare in which i realized i was dreaming and became conscious but wanted to wake up. i knew where my sleeping body was but could do nothing to wake myself. it was as if i was trying to access my mind from another world. i was trying to access my body to call out to my boyfriend and when that didn’t work i tried punching the bed to wake him up all while standing by my front door in my dream. finally i tried to roll my body over in hopes to shake myself awake and that finally worked and i awoke with a gasp and i FULL body tingle.

the only thing i can relate this to is a mix of lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis.

I dont know if this would work easier or not but I suggest to try this next time as its how one breaks a sleep paralyses state and maybe it would help your physical body to move or twitch so you can like find yourself in it easier. Next time focus hard on wiggling your physical bodies toe (yeah I know you wouldnt know where it is if you are stuck in a dream but think about it and just try to do so). Maybe it would move and help break your state... I just know when one is paralysed in ones sleep, it is harder to break that by trying to move the whole body at once.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”