I need help understanding this

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
DVDREAM

I need help understanding this

Postby DVDREAM » 24 Dec 2013 16:02

I have tried just once to have a lucid dream but not really hard so I failed :P But when I take a nap, I have a normal dream, a good one even, which slowly turns lucid. As good as this sounds its quite scary. The normal dream starts become darker and darker. I slowly lose my ability to see and read (basically concentrate) the darkness is looming over everything. As soon as its dark enough, its lucid. I can see myself in my bed most of the times and I want to wake up. When I shut my eyes in the dream I can control my actions and see myself doing things. But as soon as I open them, there's darkness…
Today, I was put back in my bed 10 times I think, and I realized that I was in a dream and I had to wake up. So I tried rolling off the bed. The experience felt extremely real, the feeling of my hands on the floor, my cats fur, everything I tried to grab I knew exactly how it felt. The weird part about this one, around the 5th time I was like ok, lucid dream, lets turn you into a good one. But, when my eyes were shut there was darkness, and my eyes were open----- I was stuck on one scene of my dream, I could see what I would see when I opened my eyes, the edge of my elbow, my phone and blanket etc. and it did not go away. I tried again and again each time convinced that I am now up. But I wasn't :P What do you think? Sorry for the long post :P I would like to be able to control the dream and enjoy it!

i_dreamer

Re: I need help understanding this

Postby i_dreamer » 24 Dec 2013 18:02

wow , this is weird , do you think it's like obe ?!

DVDREAM

Postby DVDREAM » 01 Jan 2014 02:32

Thanks for your reply, I have no idea. It almost happened again but this time luckily I woke up before it was lucid. Have you ever had such an experience?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Jan 2014 03:28

Why do you feel the need to close your eyes to enter a lucid dream? You were already in one!

I've had this happen quite a few times, and it's like and OBE-type lucid dream that is happening in your room as you know it. Things do feel real, convincingly real. It blows me away.

So being lucid, or in the phase state wasn't the problem, learning how to walk was. I have gotten up, only to stumble and fall with no sense of balance sometimes. But get up and start walking and explore with sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. That will create a vivid environment to be immersed in, and then you are 'locked in', as I call it.

Easier said than done sometimes, but when it works, that's how it happens for me.

(Except DILDs, dream induced lucid dreams, which are 90% of the time for me, but I get OBE-this type at least once a month)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DVDREAM

Postby DVDREAM » 03 Jan 2014 00:30

I feel like I need to close my eyes because when my eyes are open in the dream, I can't see anything its just dark or just bright light (completely white) So the only way that I can have some control is by closing my eyes in my dream haha.
Thanks for your reply though, I will try to walk around. In the dream I had earlier, I did walk around a few times. I went to the other side of my room and there was music playing from the other side of my house- some song and christmas carols, and then I realized that there was no one else in the house. And them whammm I was back in my bed.
Im quite new to this, but can you explain out of body experiences a bit? Thank youuu :):)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Jan 2014 22:06

DVDREAM wrote:I realized that I was in a dream and I had to wake up. So I tried rolling off the bed. The experience felt extremely real, the feeling of my hands on the floor, my cats fur, everything I tried to grab I knew exactly how it felt.

That sounds 'Out of Body' to me. That's what I meant by saying, "you were already there". You don't have to look back at your bed and see a sleeping body. That depends on beliefs and expectations. But it certainly feels Out of Body and a lucid dream can start from the very bed you think you are supposedly sleeping in. So I call it, OBE-type lucid dream, just to differentiate the difference in style from the others.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 09:22

I was stuck on one scene of my dream, I could see what I would see when I opened my eyes, the edge of my elbow, my phone and blanket etc. and it did not go away. I tried again and again each time convinced that I am now up. But I wasn't

Sounds like a False awakening.. as over and over you are convinced you are now up but in fact you are not. FAs often repeat over and over as the person tries again and again when they realise they arent really up at all.

Today, I was put back in my bed 10 times I think, and I realized that I was in a dream and I had to wake up. So I tried rolling off the bed. The experience felt extremely real, the feeling of my hands on the floor, my cats fur, everything I tried to grab I knew exactly how it felt.

With false awakenings.. everything can feel really real, hence the person can be convinced that what they are feeling is real. Anyway..this is what I think is going on with you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DVDREAM

Postby DVDREAM » 08 Jan 2014 21:05

I had another one today. But in this one me trying to wake myself up was another dream in a dream but anyway I just relaxed and controlled it and flew around and stuff. So I think it's getting better whatever it maybe ;D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2014 22:24

DVDREAM wrote:So I think it's getting better whatever it maybe

Yea, no need for labels. Call it what you want and try to prolong it and try out new things.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”