Stephen LaBerge

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
JonSnowLD

Stephen LaBerge

Postby JonSnowLD » 31 Dec 2013 14:45

Exploring the world of lucid dreaming by LaBerge arrived today-I can't wait to start reading it! :D

From what the articles I've read on this site and flicking through it, it seems to be a really informative guide-I'm interested to hear anybody else's opinions about it! :)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Summerlander

Re: Stephen LaBerge

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jan 2014 03:34

One of the best guides on lucid dreaming in my opinion. You cannot go wrong with LaBerge. The book will show you how lucid dreaming can be put to good use as well as give you a brilliant insight into the dream world and how it tends to work. I found the "dream schemas" particularly interesting. The author is quite pragmatic.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 01 Jan 2014 20:44

From what I've read so far, it seems very thorough! yeah, there definitely seems to be a big emphasis on applying the benefits of lucid dreams to your waking life ;) I've just had a quick skim through some of the stuff on schemas and it does sound cool-I didn't realise this was how dreams were constructed!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Jan 2014 22:43

I read the book too and it's great. Back when he was doing his research, the methods we commonly use today didn't exist, in fact most were invented by LaBerge or at least formally written out by him. There wasn;t much published information about it at that time so he had to teach himself how to do it and then he wrote up the different methods. He really was a pioneer to some extent.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Jan 2014 22:27

I have a lot of respect for him-he's helped so many people to become lucid through his research into the dream world! you're right, he was a pioneer for the western world!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2014 12:50

I personally dont agree with some of what he's said as it went against my own experiences with LD. (sorry I cant remember what now but some things others on here said which they said come from him).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Jan 2014 15:55

Like what? You also need to be careful with misrepresentations posted in forums. Have you read any of LaBerge's literature. I have and it certainly agrees with my experience. So I am curious about what you have experienced with contradicts LaBerge's findings.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DiarioDeDreams

Postby DiarioDeDreams » 05 Jan 2014 01:54

I started this book a long time ago, its difficult to read and understand when english is not your first language, but what I read so far... I must say it really helps. Stephen LaBerge is the man xD

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Jan 2014 04:03

He's the man and a man of reason. We are not talking about some author's beliefs here. Science is involved. His methods have been tested and verified. And where applicable, the theory is impeccable.

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 23:09

Summerlander wrote:Like what? You also need to be careful with misrepresentations posted in forums. Have you read any of LaBerge's literature. I have and it certainly agrees with my experience. So I am curious about what you have experienced with contradicts LaBerge's findings.

No I havent read any of it myself and wouldnt seeing others have said things from him which completely go against how I do and experience my LDs but was expressed as a fact for all (I think it may of been something to do about method?). One of the things I do remember was something you yourself had quoted or was saying about what he says and I trust that if you said he says that.. you would be not of been misrepresentating him (but there was also another who said the same thing about him).

sorry I have memory problems due to my health issues so cant remember what the thing said (or couple of things actually was). It may of been about the timing of doing LDs or something like that.. sorry I dont know. I'll send you an pm on what I disagree with completely being wrong in my own experience if I see you or another quote or say whatever it was from him again.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”