DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Summerlander

Re: DEILD

Postby Summerlander » 17 Dec 2013 13:14

No problem, buddy! "Sequels" are also very likely with the MILD method. This is all about helping each other and trying to get a better understanding of the lucid dreaming phenomenon.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 30 Dec 2013 07:05

Thank you soooo much for all the information and guidance on what to do, but this just isn't working for me :( I think it's cuz i haven't been motivated enough lately but my problem is that i don't even remember waking up at night, even though i have pretty good dream recall. If i do realize i have woken up, i have already opened my eyes and moved position. What would i have to practice or improve to realize as soon i wake up don't move?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 31 Dec 2013 02:24

Motivation is key. It is also about catch the right moment and just going for separation no matter what. If you move, it's not the end. You can try WILD or you can fall asleep with a strong intention to lucid dream. No pressure. Just relax. You might just have a DILD in the process.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 02 Jan 2014 07:24

Summerlander wrote:Motivation is key. It is also about catch the right moment and just going for separation no matter what. If you move, it's not the end. You can try WILD or you can fall asleep with a strong intention to lucid dream. No pressure. Just relax. You might just have a DILD in the process.

Oh yeah motivation..... I kinda lose that when i'm in bed about to go to sleep. Like, when i'm outside i think wow i can relive this moment in my dreams and do whatever i want, but hen when i'm in bed i think about stuff like insidious (movie) and then i just think ahhh i'll lucid dream another night :/ I'll try to motivate myself more. Thank you!

Dizzy2345

Postby Dizzy2345 » 04 Feb 2014 01:00

OK, that's my problem too. When I decide to try. To LD, I think of scary stuff (mostly insidious, the o ly scary movie I've ever seen). How can I not be scared? Also, I don't understand seperation... Ik youve gone over this before but I would think that if you wake up from a dream, are you awake or dreaming? Cause if you stand up, wouldn't it prevent you from going to sleep? Also, if you feel you're bed, when you feel you're bed, you must be awake, right? I'm so confused right now...

And I know that this post is a year old buy of someone could clarify this for me that would be great!

Excuse typos, i'm not very good at typing on my tablet!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Feb 2014 02:47

Study the thread and you'll find the answers! ;-)

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Feb 2014 12:57

Dizzy2345 wrote:OK, that's my problem too. When I decide to try. To LD, I think of scary stuff (mostly insidious, the o ly scary movie I've ever seen). How can I not be scared? Also, I don't understand seperation... Ik youve gone over this before but I would think that if you wake up from a dream, are you awake or dreaming? Cause if you stand up, wouldn't it prevent you from going to sleep? Also, if you feel you're bed, when you feel you're bed, you must be awake, right? I'm so confused right now...

And I know that this post is a year old buy of someone could clarify this for me that would be great!

YES I'M THE SAME AS YOU! I think of insidious and chicken out and just say argh i'll try lucid dreaming another night. Look at my new topic called FEAR. Yes im still a bit unclear on that too Summerlander??

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Feb 2014 22:42

To reiterate... :D

On separation: the earlier you guys separate (move away from the perceived sleeping body) upon awakening and immediately after you perceive the end of a dream, the higher the chances that you will immediately enter the dream world in a lucid state. Why, because you are still in between states, exactly on the bridge between waking and dreaming where lucid dreaming dwells, to allow dream movement rather than physical movement.

And something new which will also go on the fear thread: ;)

On fear: Face it in order to overcome it. (Be sure that you know what it is that you are actually afraid of.) I did. Even if you have to do it by taking little steps. First, repeatedly remind yourself that nothing can harm you in the lucid dream state. Secondly, try partial separation first and if the fear seems insurmountable, terminate the experience. What I mean by this is that you could separate the hands first. Next time, the legs. Next time, sit up in the dream world. Next time, pluck up the courage to stand, deepen the environment with appropriate techniques and explore the vicinity (dream replica of bedroom, or whatever). If you happen to conjure fearsome events in lucid dreamland, like a fearful aggressor showing up, try not to run no matter how real the experience appears to be. Face the aggressor with honesty and try to apprehend the situation. By turning to the fearsome dream figure and asking it a question on the grounds of representation with a strong expectation of obtaining something worthwhile and valuable, you are already trying something new and the fear should immediately begin to subside.

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 07 Feb 2014 05:44

Summerlander wrote:To reiterate... :D

On separation: the earlier you guys separate (move away from the perceived sleeping body) upon awakening and immediately after you perceive the end of a dream, the higher the chances that you will immediately enter the dream world in a lucid state. Why, because you are still in between states, exactly on the bridge between waking and dreaming where lucid dreaming dwells, to allow dream movement rather than physical movement.

And something new which will also go on the fear thread: ;)

On fear: Face it in order to overcome it. (Be sure that you know what it is that you are actually afraid of.) I did. Even if you have to do it by taking little steps. First, repeatedly remind yourself that nothing can harm you in the lucid dream state. Secondly, try partial separation first and if the fear seems insurmountable, terminate the experience. What I mean by this is that you could separate the hands first. Next time, the legs. Next time, sit up in the dream world. Next time, pluck up the courage to stand, deepen the environment with appropriate techniques and explore the vicinity (dream replica of bedroom, or whatever). If you happen to conjure fearsome events in lucid dreamland, like a fearful aggressor showing up, try not to run no matter how real the experience appears to be. Face the aggressor with honesty and try to apprehend the situation. By turning to the fearsome dream figure and asking it a question on the grounds of representation with a strong expectation of obtaining something worthwhile and valuable, you are already trying something new and the fear should immediately begin to subside.

Thank you i will try to face it if i can :) Hmm yeah i guess if you ran from it you will get even more scared but if you face it you can have like a conversation with it :D But with the separation thing, from what i understand you are saying that as soon as you wake, try to separate from your body by getting up. If i do realize i have woken up and i instantly get up i can't possibly enter into a dream because i have just moved which will make me even more awake?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Feb 2014 09:53

The first moments upon awakening provide phantom sensations of a sleeping body and bed. There is a window of time that narrows and you want to be quick. What seems tangibly real then, isn't. But even if you are late and end up moving physically, it's not the end. You can still relax and try ro achieve the mind-awake body-asleep state.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”