Spawning DCs and No DCs in Lucid Dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Xtreme_Walrus

Spawning DCs and No DCs in Lucid Dreams

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 20 Dec 2013 23:08

I've just started Lucid Dreaming back in November and have had six lucid dreams now. Two of the things I wanted to do right when I started was to fly and spawn dream characters. The flying has gone alright, but I can't spawn dream characters at all. Does anyone have any tips? Also in my lucid dreams there seems to be very few dream characters. Maybe just 5 or 6 the entire time, if even that. It's sort of weird because in my non lucid dreams there are tons of dream characters. In fact a couple dreams back I was in a waterpark full of people. So I'm not sure what's up with that, any insight would be nice.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

blazing

Re: Spawning DCs and No DCs in Lucid Dreams

Postby blazing » 21 Dec 2013 23:27

I didn't have much expierence of Lucid Dreaming but, I think you just say outloud "Spawn DC" and think of the charater then they spawn.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 22 Dec 2013 00:53

Try:

1. Imagining the person just round a corner/behind a door (REALLY believe they are there and they will be)
2. Call their name until they appear
3. Morph an inanimate object into a DC (Haven't tried this one myself but it has worked for others)

Have a look at this article for more information: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-create-dream-characters.html
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Dec 2013 02:17

torakrubik wrote:3. Morph an inanimate object into a DC (Haven't tried this one myself but it has worked for others)

This sounds promising and I should try it. I bet if I pick up a lamp shade and just start talking to it, believing it was who I wanted it to be, it would start to respond and may even morph into that person. I keep waiting for DC's to show up before I talk, but I bet if I just start talking to an inanimate object in a dream it will come to life.

Or better yet, use a phone, or pretend your hand is one and talk into it. I did that a few times, with great results, but still forget to do it again in my lucid dreams. I get amnesia in lucid dreams and get a one track mind focusing on the here and now in the dream and forget my goals all the time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Dec 2013 04:57

If Im in a house I just think as if the other person is in the house too but out in another room and then I just yell out to them .. and they then soon walk into the room where I am. Its very easy to bring in someone.

I just cant fly thou :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 30 Dec 2013 18:02

[quote="torakrubik"]Try:

1. Imagining the person just round a corner/behind a door (REALLY believe they are there and they will be)

Thanks, these two really helped. Just had a lucid dream last night. I would call out their name and they would walk through the door. I spawned Babe Ruth and Paul McCartney.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2014 13:52

Xtreme_Walrus wrote:
torakrubik wrote:Try:

Thanks, these two really helped. Just had a lucid dream last night. I would call out their name and they would walk through the door. I spawned Babe Ruth and Paul McCartney.

:) congrats
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 22 Jan 2014 19:23

Hey Xtreme_Walrus, you seem really good at having lucid dreams for someone who just started in November! I've had much less luck. If you see this, would you mind, telling me what you do every night to induce a lucid dream? Thanks :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 23 Jan 2014 06:56

Hello Ender_brine, I don't exactly have much of a method other than writing down my dreams and doing many reality checks. However, I'll give you a few tips I've found helpful.

Of course first off you definitely want to write down EVERY dream. I'll admit I can be pretty lazy sometimes. Not thinking I think to myself "I'll remember the dream in the morning" and then of course I don't. I actually went into a bit of a slump where I was hardly remembering any dreams, meaning no lucid dreams. I've had 10 lucid dreams since this post (if you count a couple of level 1 lucid dreams) so I definitely realized writing down as many dreams as possible is very important. Alright now actually to a tip: I have just recently found out that if I write just a few main points (bacon house, airplane, zero gravity moon golfballs ect... yes this was an actual dream by the way) I can remember it nearly exactly in the morning. So if you are too lazy to write down all of the dream in the night, just write main parts.

As for reality checks I believe quality is better than quantity. Even though I think I do a lot of reality checks (2-5 per hour roughly) I really become aware of my situation. Such as, why am I here? how did I get here? where was I half an hour ago? Who are these people? Since in my high school they have 7 class periods every day I tend to look back at all of my classes throughout the day remembering what I did in that class. I don't mean this stakerishly, but take a look at people and try to remember how you know them and if it actually makes sense that they are there. My whole point is just try to be as aware as possible when doing reality checks, take a good look.

The last thing I can think of is to get a regular sleeping pattern. Such as go to bed at the same time every night. Trust me going to sleep at 4am four nights in a row over winter break did not help my cause. The most important thing in any technique is to have good dream recall. The more you remember of the dream the more aware you were, and the more likely you are to actually lucid dream. That's all I've got for now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2014 08:59

I suspect that the reason why there is a tendency for more characters in ordinary dreams is that we lack consciousness and self-awareness - conditions that seem to be projected outwards and ostensibly prevalent in dream people.

When we lucid dream, however, it is almost as if we such the conscious energy out of the surroundings, like a vampire, in order to be "awake" in the dream. The transition from non-lucid to lucid in DILDs perfectly illustrate what I'm trying to say here: as we become lucid, time is the dream worlds seems to stop, characters often pause and become more zombie-like (a sign that the illusion has been exposed, they are not real people), and the environment brightens up as if making more of an effort to convince the dreamer that it is indeed real.

On creating characters, I have done it before. Expect it to happen, believe that you will create them without difficulty, persevere. If you enter an empty hall in a lucid dream, turn around and imagine that it is now a crowded place, believe, turn around again to see what you already believe is there. The is a technique that I've used to see a character emerge before my eyes by holding out my hands and not only seeing the shape and form of a head and bust emerge, but also sensing haptic data growing. I'll post this experience soon. Good luck in your endeavours.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”