Airport Collisions/Card trial (experiment)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Airport Collisions/Card trial (experiment)

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jan 2014 21:29

I've been conducting an experiment regarding lucid dreaming and possible ESP for some time now but hadn't done any card trials until recently. Check out this link to know what I'm on about:
http://www.forum.obe4u.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1156

On Christmas Eve, the following took place... :P

Experiment 1A: 7th trial (24/12/13)

After a few games of Go Fish with our kids, Stacey gave the deck a good shuffle and put it away ready for the next trial. The top card was the Queen of Spades. I entered the phase via dream consciousness after dreaming about a party. In the dream, I had decided to catch a bus home and realised that I was travelling through unfamiliar territory and towards an airport. When it dawned on me that I was dreaming, I strongly desired to crash airplanes over the dream city. Subsequently, I awoke to use the loo before returning to bed. The card trial was performed during lucid hypnagogia.

Results:

Card match? No
Suit match? Yes
Number/character match? No

Brief description of phase experience (LD/OBE/AP):

The bus travelled through unfamiliar territory and I realised that everything was a dream. There was an airport ahead and I felt like crashing aeroplanes over the city. Suddenly, pocket-sized aircraft lunged in my direction from the night sky. I dodged a few and managed to grab one. I flew high enough to see the entire brilliantly lit airport and hurled the tiny plane towards it. A small orange explosion was observed but there was no damage to the airport building. I entered the building for a little exploration and deepening by palpating objects. There was a brief pause for internal dialogue where I said to myself, “What do I do next? I know! I’m going to look for huge aeroplanes in the sky and crash them over the city.” I exited the airport by pushing one of the panes of a glass wall, which detached easily from the overall structure. As I glided skywards, I scanned the heavens for aircraft. Gradually, I fouled and didn’t feel like doing anything to avert the end of the phase state. After using the loo I returned to bed. Soon, I was beholding hypnagogic imagery and recalled having planned to do a card trial next time I entered the phase. (Note how the experiment was remembered during hypnagogia rather than the preceding waking state respite.) Unexpectedly, I saw an Ace of Spades in my line of vision before falling asleep.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: Airport Collisions/Card trial (experiment)

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2014 13:48

hi summerlander. Im glad to hear you are experimenting with things

A) Testing the idea of ESP (Extra Sensory Perception) in the phase

Your partner, family member, friend or an acquaintance (assistant) shuffles a deck of cards and looks at the top one. You do not see this card. Enter the phase and check the top card. Number of trials: 20

I suggest to consider what message you are sending to your subconcious mind when you aim to do this experiment 20 times. Why this many times? could you by doing it this many be sending a message to your subconscious mind that you are likely to get a lot of fails?? so hence need to do it this amount (and hence then may be presented with that..what we think both consciously and subconciously is of cause quite important when it comes to LD).

With my successful experiments Ive always told myself that if this stuff is real that I'd do it first time and maintained complete openness to that happening. As soon as there is doubts, there is more room for various results including many more not accurate attempts.

The subconscious mind is a tricky thing, we always need to be asking what messages we may be unintentionally sending it which could interfere with whatever we are trying to do.

Anyway.. im glad you are experimenting. I hope you get some kind of startling result which makes you question things even more. best luck
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Jan 2014 16:00

The number of trials is only meant to draw a suggestive result, not a conclusive one. For any significant observations one would need a lifetime of trials.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 07:50

Summerlander wrote:The number of trials is only meant to draw a suggestive result, not a conclusive one. For any significant observations one would need a lifetime of trials.

I guess I convinced myself first time I had real proof that the OBE stuff is real. I found and read a gift certificate I didnt even know my boyfriend of that time at brought for me.. saw the amount it said, saw what shop it was too (the likihood of that being a coincidence was so highly doubtful.. my boyfriend had never brought me gift cert. before, I didnt even know he had present for me). I guess that makes it so much easier to vertify to myself as you are right.. even if one got the card right on the very first time, there still is a big chance it was a coincidence, one would have to repeat the card experience over and over each time till one could rule out likely coincidence.

Thou if you get any part of the card wrong be it colour or number.. its vertification that you arent seeing real stuff in your LD and "you are"just dreaming your experiences. I dont think you are having OBE experiences or you wouldnt be getting things wrong.

In my experience when I see astral plane of my house, it is exactly how it really is (hence my experience with the gift certificate), thou extra things can also be put into the scene (eg my daughters dream..the stuff she was dreaming in my house imposed into my OBE house I was seeing eg unknown to me till later she was dreaming she'd opened presents, so my astral of my house when I saw it appeared with presents over its floor).

I think some people are better at LD, while for others its the other way.. while some seem to have a mix of the two (like daydreaming but they will do it while asleep.. so OBE with dreaming). For an astral projection without dream interference, the subconciousness mind has to not be manifesting into your scene (just like the subconcious mind doesnt usually manifest in your physical reality). That's the difference between dreaming or not dreaming... subconciousness coming in or not.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jan 2014 12:07

"A hundred instances or experiments on one side, and fifty on another, afford a doubtful expectation of any event; though a hundred uniform experiments, with only one that is contradictory, reasonably beget a pretty strong degree of assurance. In all cases, we must balance the opposite experiments, where they are opposite, and deduct the smaller number from the greater, in order to know the exact force of the superior evidence."

- David Hume; "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding"

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jan 2014 12:22

On the subconscious: it manifests all the time whether one sleeps or not. Otherwise we would not get eureka moments and Freudian slips would not exist. There is also no way to determine what is generated from the subconscious and what is supposedly some astral plane of existence (an idea which is totally derived from speculation, by the way).

OOBEs are illusory experiences generated by hybrid brain phases that give rise to lucid dreaming. Nobody really exits their physical bodies when such experiences occur for we are not in our bodies in the first place - we are the bodies.

The aim of the experiment above was not to make a distinction between OOBEs and lucid dreams, nor to look for one in order to give credulity to some

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jan 2014 12:27

*sorry, my phone is playing up*

...nor to give credulity to some fancy either. The aim of the experiment is to detect ESP, if any exists in the form of "mental entanglement," that is, if subatomic particles in the bodies of two individuals can become quantum entangled to the point of permitting some form of remote comunication. Nothing to do with looking for paranormal phenomena. It is about studying one aspect of the reality of lucid dreaming.

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 10:39

ah I understand what you were aiming to do now.

thanks for explaining.

"On the subconscious: it manifests all the time whether one sleeps or not. "

True.. it never stops even if we are unaware of it.

I was rather refering to it manifesting the world around us, the objects and things we are actually experiencing consciously in each moment. eg when we are awake..our subconsciousness isnt creating our physical reality in front of us eg a family member dies, that doesnt manifest cause you created that subconsciously... unlike what happens with dreaming when our subconsciousness is being experienced all around us in all kinds of ways.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Jan 2014 11:58

I get what you're saying. During the waking state, when we perceive the objective world, the subconscious appears to be pushed to the background of the mind.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”