was this a WILD??

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonSnowLD

was this a WILD??

Postby JonSnowLD » 04 Jan 2014 23:53

This morning I was having a lie in-I'd practised WBTB earlier in the night and I guess it was around half 8ish in the morning-I was half asleep and seeing various images float by when I saw this cathedral-and then suddenly I was in the cathedral and I knew I was dreaming! It just seemed one second I was looking at an image of this cathedral half awake and then the next thing I know I'm lucid. I wasn't trying to consciously fall asleep or anything, it just happened!

please could somebody tell me if this was a WILD or not because I've never had one before!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Snaggle

Re: was this a WILD??

Postby Snaggle » 05 Jan 2014 07:05

JonSnowLD it's a borderline WILD, though personally I would classify it as a high end HI.
Hypnagogic images can be: either 2d or 3d; simple or a complex scene;stable or streaming and either just observed or interactive. With 3d HI I can zoom in or out look at them from deferent angles or flip them around mentally. One of the rarest HI is one that's interative, a complex scene and one that one has moved into. To give an example from my own experience, I was out walking, closed my eyes for just a second and instantly saw the set of Paramore's Crush crush. I could see the scene perfectly and the characters were 3d and I could move around them and look at them as they performed the song from any angle- of course I stopped walking and watched the scene until the song ended, before bannishing it by opening my eyes.

Of course one could argue that both your and my experience are a sort or stable (in the sense of non-streaming dream).
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 05 Jan 2014 23:50

ok thanks for clearing that up-it did seem to good to be true that I'd managed to have a WILD without even trying! ;)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 22:31

Id describe WILD as a very active process. If one isnt actually trying to WILD at the time, I wouldnt call it a WILD, yours was rather a more spontanous experience which was helped to be triggered off by what you did earlier.

WILD is something in which someone is doing something at the time to actively enter their dream from an awake state.

There are lots of different ways to do it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 14 Jan 2014 19:33

Right yeah, so it was as a result of the WBTB method rather than anything else then-thanks!

Return to “For Beginners”