How could I be so stupid!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

How could I be so stupid!!

Postby Ivanna » 08 Jan 2012 21:22

Okay, last night I had this dream where I was at school and I was having like an art workshop with my art teacher and it was so awesome. And I actually remember thinking in the dream "Oh damn, this would actually be quite useful if it were real/if it wasn't a dream", and it was like I didn't even twig that it was a dream. I sort of half knew, half didn't and I didn't even bother doing a reality check or anything. -__- How could I actually be so thick???!!!!! To think I have been trying to have my first LD for months, doing reality checks like 100000000 times a day, keeping a dream journal, everything!! and to throw away a prime opportunity to become lucid like that! :evil: I really can be quite stupid....Anyways ^_^, how can I avoid this happening again??!!? And also, I go back to school tomorrow after winter break, and I want to know how I can keep up with trying to have an LD. I have to wake up at 6am and I barley get any time to eat breakfast let alone write down like 7 dreams! Any advice?? (BTW, I am trying the MILD/DILD method).

Thank you!..Ivanna.
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

lucidinthe sky

Re: How could I be so stupid!!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 08 Jan 2012 22:58

Welcome to the missed opportunities club! I have also had these too and really felt dumb like when someone suggested that I might be dreaming and I argued and said I was sure I wasn't, and besides I know how to tell the difference. But look on the bright side, every time you go to bed it's a new chance to do it right. May all your dreams come true (lucid).
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Postby accoladeZIIS » 08 Jan 2012 23:16

Two nights ago I did a reality check in my dream by counting my fingers but I wasn't really paying attention as I did it so I didn't go lucid, then a dream character mentioned my reality check and it still didn't phase m. alas, I woke up fairly upset haha. oh well

Postby houseofleaves » 09 Jan 2012 04:52

I think everybody's had this at some point, I know I've had many separate dreams in which I'm afraid to pee in my dream because I'm concerned about peeing my bed, but it doesn't click that I'm dreaming. I wake up with that " .. are you serious?" kind of disappointment.
"The madman is a waking dreamer." -Immanuel Kant

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”