hi

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
NalaSoftpaw

hi

Postby NalaSoftpaw » 06 Jan 2014 03:27

Hi , my names Nala and I am 13 years old
at a young age people don't really understand about lucid dreaming like I do
over the past year I have been extremely interested in the studies of lucid dreaming and how it works, as a child my friends wont know what I mean,so their not interested, my time in studying Lucid dreaming has so far got my no where, I was wondering if anybody who is reading this hs any ideas how I can cause lucid dreaming or move me on with my studys

Thankyou for listening
Troubled Teen :D

TillyPink

Re: hi

Postby TillyPink » 06 Jan 2014 23:53

Hello Nala :)

What are your inspirations for using lucid dreaming? Is it films you've seen, or stuff you've seen on the web?

My advice to you firstly would be to really take the focus off lucid dreaming and start to really enjoy your dreams, look forward to going to bed to experience dreaming. Listen to your dreams, when you wake up from a dream, notice how you felt, what images you saw, colours and sounds. Keep a diary by your bed and write down your dream memories. Lucid dreaming is exciting, but it is in no way a better way to dream, just something that adds to your experience of dreaming. And one way to become lucid (perhaps spontaneously at first) is to really get into noticing all your dreams. Even the bad ones, as they can not harm you. In fact if you ever have a bad dream, by writing it down and exploring it a little, you can learn to face the scary stuff in dreams. When we keep diaries of our dreams, we can learn to notice what are known as 'dream signs'. Dream signs are images/pictures or things that happen in dreams again and again. When you read your diary back, you might notice things that are in common. Again, how do these reoccurring patterns make you feel? When you are awake, try to go back and imagine feeling the dream again.

You have plenty of time. Enjoy dream world. There are plenty of things to learn along the way. See it as a journey. :)

Just to add, when i was at school your age, i used to read other people's dreams for fun! It was a way to get friends interested. They'd say, 'I had this realllllyyy weird dream last night...' and I'd get them to tell me and for fun try to interpret it. I became quite well known for it, even if they thought i was a little bit of a weirdo!!! :? :D

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jan 2014 00:59

HI and welcome, enjoy this place

Troubled teen - so you are normal :lol:

Best
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 08 Jan 2014 08:05

Hi and welcome! I can help with the studying bit, I do it all the time. It can really be a good study tool if done right. :) I would have to agree with TillyPink tough. Make sure you don't use the entire dream to study, enjoy it! Go have some fun, have some adventures! Make studying a small priority that doesn't take up much dream time. It still has a pretty large effect I've found, even if I simply study for about 2 minutes in the dream before going off to do other things. This is what I do, and it works for me. I don't know how you will respond to this method, if it will work well for you or not. But it's worth a shot right? ;)

Start by making sure you are paying attention in your classes. Just make sure you are listening intently to what the teacher is saying, taking notes when needed. Then before you go to bed spend up to 30 minutes reviewing it. I usually do it for around 15 minutes myself. Try to remember anything your teacher said from key points to little tips or tricks. Don't rack your brain forcing it to remember. Just reflect on it to the best of your ability, gently nudging those things on the tip of being remembered. Then look at your notes. Read through them, but don't feel like you absolutely HAVE to know everything on there. You're about to go to bed, so you want to let your mind settle down, not strain it. Just read over it. If there is a problem in your notes, such as a math problem, then look at how you solved it and review it in your head. I'm a med student, so I have a ton of things to memorize in a short period of time. Flash cards help here. I make a little each day after my lectures and go through them twice before going to bed. Once your done reviewing, just go to sleep. You can still use whatever routine you usually use to lucid dream. I haven't had a technique interfere with this process before

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 08 Jan 2014 08:19

sorry, stupid computer almost froze and I didn't want to retype all that. So I just posted it unfinished. :lol:
Anyways, back to replying. Just go to bed like you usually do. It shouldn't interfere with any attempts to lucid dream. ;) I say 'shouldn't' because as far as I know I'm the only one on here who has tried this (If someone else has, please post about it!) and one review is hardly a reliable statistic. :lol: Anyways, hopefully you will become lucid. Stabilize the dream like usual, then try to recall some information you reviewed before bed or remember from class. Make sure you review your answers as well, making sure you're near positive you answered correctly. Then go off and treat it like any other lucid dream. It may seem like a pretty small thing, but it really helps cement the material to memory. I found I'm not cramming for tests any more and stuffing as much info into my brain as possible to vomit out on the test and forget. I really know the information. It's in my long-term memory, no temporary info-stuffing required. :P Again I don't know how this will work for you. If you decide to try it though then please let me know how it goes. ;)

sania123

Postby sania123 » 09 Jan 2014 15:36

Hi,I am new in this forum.I am from New Jersey.I am related with furniture business. :)
http://furniturite.com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”