Semi Lucid Dream, I was so close.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Semi Lucid Dream, I was so close.

Postby mytikitorch » 08 Jan 2014 17:31

So for a while now I've been able to be slightly aware of my dreaming but only in times of fear. If I was afraid I could scream myself awake to get out of the nightmare. And that was as far as I could get.

A couple years ago I started looking in to lucid dreaming, I learned about reality checks and recall and reckognizing things that frequently happen in my dreams, but I never got far. The majority of my dreams take place inside my grandparents old house, the only stable thing I've ever had in my life, but that was never quite enough to become lucid.

Last night I had a breakthrough, though I still was not completely lucid. During my dream I performed a reality check by checking the clock on my computer screen and realized I was dreaming. I became very excited and looked around, though I probably should have spent more time on that. I noticed my boyfriend was sleeping next to me, though he face was slightly different, less distinguishable, and there was nothing in the room other than the bed, like not even walls, just blackness. I realize now that I should have spent more time on the surroundings but I was so excited to jump in. So I went to say something in order to control my dream and I couldn't really talk. It sounded and felt like something was holding onto my tongue. Finally I managed to say hamburger (though still as if my tongue was being held) and one appeared in my hand. I noticed it was a crappy mcdonalds hamburger and threw it away. I went to try and summon a better burger but then I woke up.

Basically, I would just like some advice and just some people to talk with :D

Re: Semi Lucid Dream, I was so close.

Postby Highlander » 08 Jan 2014 18:13

Nice. You're on the right path.
The "know you're dreaming because of a nightmare" is where everyone starts, i guess. For me it was.

About you being unable to speak, it happens to me all the time. I want to speak but my mouth does not open. And when it opens, no sound comes out of it. The solution? Just think about it. In the dream world, talking or thinking it's the same. It's not like the real world where we have to speak to make things happen or to another person know what you're saying. In dreams, things are done and said by our minds and thoughts.

Keep up the good work.

Re: Semi Lucid Dream, I was so close.

Postby JonSnowLD » 09 Jan 2014 18:58

I've not had trouble talking but in my first ever lucid dream (or more likely semi lucid like yours), I couldn't walk properly-I just kind of staggered through a door! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “For Beginners”