going lucid straight after falling asleep at start of night

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
room147

going lucid straight after falling asleep at start of night

Postby room147 » 09 Jan 2014 01:09

Hi, I am new to this forum so excuse me if someone has already posted regarding this. Ill explain a little bit about how my dreams occur and see if anyone can give advice or point me in the right direction.

Basically I have been spontaneously lucid dreaming for about a year with no awareness of what it was untill a few weeks ago. I have not learnt any techniques for lucid dreaming and usually have 1-2 a week.

My lucid dreams always start just after I fall asleep at the beginning of the night and then I wake up after about 10-20 minutes which then proceeds to me then falling asleep again and having my normal nights sleep.

I just wanted to see whether anyone else has lucid dreams like this and could give me advice on how to induce them seeing as I am not actually awakening from a dream at 3am then remembering it and then going into a lucid dream or whatever like the standard technique people use.

any advice would be great or a link to a smiliar post.

Goldkoron

Re: going lucid straight after falling asleep at start of ni

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Jan 2014 03:05

room147 wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum so excuse me if someone has already posted regarding this. Ill explain a little bit about how my dreams occur and see if anyone can give advice or point me in the right direction.

Basically I have been spontaneously lucid dreaming for about a year with no awareness of what it was untill a few weeks ago. I have not learnt any techniques for lucid dreaming and usually have 1-2 a week.

My lucid dreams always start just after I fall asleep at the beginning of the night and then I wake up after about 10-20 minutes which then proceeds to me then falling asleep again and having my normal nights sleep.

I just wanted to see whether anyone else has lucid dreams like this and could give me advice on how to induce them seeing as I am not actually awakening from a dream at 3am then remembering it and then going into a lucid dream or whatever like the standard technique people use.

any advice would be great or a link to a smiliar post.

Do you have Narcolepsy?
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2014 05:28

The only times I have been lucid right away are when I was sleep deprived. I must have had a light REM nap right upon falling asleep then woke up. I thought I would be lucid again, but no. I fall into a deep sleep as normal. Perhaps you were making up for some lost REM sleep from the day before which is what I suspect happened to me on those rare occasions.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

room147

Postby room147 » 09 Jan 2014 12:40

No I don't have Narcolepsy, and I am pretty sure I am not sleep deprived. I have had about 15-20 spontaneous lucid dreams of which none of come from obvious sleep depravation. As in I had 7/8 hours sleep last night, don't feel at all tired today and could potentially have a lucid dream tonight, I am unsure of what seems to be the cause of it.

room147

Postby room147 » 09 Jan 2014 12:44

I must add that for the last 4/5 years I have been unable to go to bed at a normal time and sleep for longer than periods of 4/5 hours. For example if I went to bed at 11pm 90% of the time I would wake up around 3-4pm for 10-20 minutes then fall right back to sleep again. This might seem a good time to actually have a lucid dream after I go back to sleep but I have never had one during the middle of my sleep. They have always been at the start.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 22:56

room147 wrote:My lucid dreams always start just after I fall asleep at the beginning of the night and then I wake up after about 10-20 minutes which then proceeds to me then falling asleep again and having my normal nights sleep.

I just wanted to see whether anyone else has lucid dreams like this

Yes I do. Right on the start of sleep is a natural time for me to have a spontanous LD too. (I think many on this board dont recognise that any time when someone is transitioning between sleep and awake states (or visa versa) can be a natural time to LD. LD after all is a state like being both awake and body asleep.

Those of us who spontanous LD on going to sleep, may find WILD technique can come quite natural too so you may want to try that. You can try things like just thinking about that you want to wake up in a dream.. while you fall asleep, may be enough to trigger more LDs for you.

You also can try to allow yourself to fall asleep while observing your breathing and how your body is.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

room147

Postby room147 » 14 Jan 2014 00:33

Those of us who spontanous LD on going to sleep, may find WILD technique can come quite natural too so you may want to try that. You can try things like just thinking about that you want to wake up in a dream.. while you fall asleep, may be enough to trigger more LDs for you.

You also can try to allow yourself to fall asleep while observing your breathing and how your body is.[/quote]

Yes I do find that if I find myself thinking about lucid dreams and wanting to go into one then this seems to have an effect on whether I go into one or not

room147

Postby room147 » 14 Jan 2014 00:48

After reading this technique just now, interestingly ive been teaching myself this technique without realising it

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”