Still learning how to use phpBB (this program we use)

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Still learning how to use phpBB (this program we use)

Postby HAGART » 01 Jan 2014 03:51

I just found a new button at the bottom that reads: 'subscribe' and it has a check next to it.

Have you ever wanted to ignore a thread from long ago, but it keeps popping up in the 'view your posts' section? I bet if I uncheck it, that will make it stop. I want to test that, and will use this thread for it. There is also a 'bookmark' option and I will test that too.

There is a lot more you can learn about what all these buttons do, if you press on the "BBCode" button to the left, below the Smilies ----------------------------------------------------------------------------> (in edit mode)

UPDATE!
THAT BUTTON DID SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY!
(I'll keep this posted though to encourage others to learn all the features of this forum. I just learned the 'preview' option too beside, 'submit' and is great when you are using Italics, Bold, Colors, and Font size, and all those. I've been using this for almost 2 years, but I ignored a lot of it).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

James

Re: Still learning how to use phpBB (this program we use)

Postby James » 09 Jan 2014 19:57

On a different forum we have way more codes, my favourite is [youtube](link)[/youtube], that will put a youtube video box in the post :D

A really useful one is [img], it lets you post pictures in the post.
Was it worth it?

HAGART

Re: Still learning how to use phpBB (this program we use)

Postby HAGART » 09 Jan 2014 20:30

This has the "Img" button too, but unfortunately [url] is off and we can't make direct internet links.
I learned how to use the "List" and "List=" buttons but they aren't very useful.

Since you replied I was able to test the 'Subscribe' button and what it does is send me an E-mail notification when there is a reply to this thread. Thanks for the test. I will now 'Unsubscribe'.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Off-Topic”