The next step?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Victwarovic

The next step?

Postby Victwarovic » 11 Jan 2014 20:16

Hello,

Lately I am practicing to get a WILD, but I am unsure of what to do next.
After 15 minutes my hypnagogia and sleep paralysis begin, and I try to think of the things I want to dream of. After ~10minutes my hypnagogia dissapears while SP remains (note that I am complelety relaxed while in SP , breath under control etc) . I keep trying to imagine stuff to dream of, but nothing happens. This usually goes on for another 30-40 minutes. At some point I get bored so I just go to sleep

note that I've had several lucid dreams before but these were all DILD's.

Is it normal to experience nothing within these 30minutes? or should I just try longer ?
Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I'd like to hear your opinion /advice on what to do next.

Thanks

Snaggle

Re: The next step?

Postby Snaggle » 12 Jan 2014 06:57

You may want to consider this thread at Mortal Mist on INRALD (I'm Not Really Awake Lucid Dream).
Can' link to urls here. the url is http://mortalmist.com/forum/index.php/topic,1785.0.html

You went from HI to SP so the SP was most likely a type of dream. I personally think after checking enough postings on the experience that SP is a type of dream and that there is no real sleep paralysis. I've been in awake Rem muscle atonia trying to WILD and I was not at all paralysed. I have a lot of experience doing direct WILDs where I'm lucid the full time sleeping and I never have had an SP experience.

Hypnagogia and SP are not related. I've seen hypnagogic images all my life when closing my eyes to go to sleep but have never been in sleep paralysis.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 11:13

Some people can enter a WILD state and not realise it..and start dreaming (but still think its real) that they are physical laying on their bed, trying to LD. If you start getting images and are paralysed too, consider this.

Is it normal to experience nothing within these 30minutes? or should I just try longer ?
Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I know at least 3 on this site, myself included are taking an hour before many of our WILDS happen. You may be giving up too fast. Often when one is right at the point of waiting to give up and go to sleep (cause one has got tired), that can be the very point in which its close to occurring.

So you may want to attempt to hang onto that consciousness a bit longer.

Your hypnagogia .. you could try to make it enlarge and then move into it.

I have got a very small patch of something, enlarge it to the point Im suddenly in a dream within it.

It may be a case of just having to learn to enter your dreams well once you are in the right state to WILD(unfortunately we all tend to do that in different ways and I find even with myself, how I go about it is just due to what I feel will work for me on the day). There is a knack to recognising the right state for a WILD (something which comes with practice, one you have experienced it once, you may notice there was something different)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Victwarovic

Postby Victwarovic » 12 Jan 2014 18:40

Thank you both for your reply.
You both mentioned it could be possible I am actually sleeping while trying to LD.
However, I am certain of being actually awake.

I'll attempt to stay conscious longer next time and hopefully find the technique which fits me.

Return to “For Beginners”