MILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
phxsun1

MILD

Postby phxsun1 » 11 Jan 2014 08:08

OK so I'm new around here and can someone explain MILD to me........thanks :oops:

CSL505

Re: MILD

Postby CSL505 » 11 Jan 2014 17:11

Hello!

MILD is one of the best techniques for beginners to start lucid dreaming

You have 4 stages in MILD that you can/have to do in order to suceed.

1. Dream Recall
-Write down in a dream journal at least one dream per night. If you have trouble remembering dreams then there are several areas on this site that better explain it and help you with dream recall.
-When you write down in the journal you want to try and find symbols that keep recurring from night to night, for example, in my dreams I almost always have people that I have known from my past join me in my dream.

2. Reality Checks
-Throughout the day you want to ask yourself sincerely if you're dreaming or not. And do several actions to prove to yourself that you're awake. Eventually this is supposed to carry over to a dream and you will reality check in your dream and realise your dreaming!
-Reality checks include trying to put your hand through something solid, holding your breath, looking at numbers, doing math and etc. You want to do at least 10+ reality checks per day.

3. Affirmations
-As you relax at night you want to tell yourself you're going to have a dream, any affirmation to train your body to have an remember a dream that night.

4. Visualise
-As you become relaxed and get too tired to continue your affirmations you want to try and visualize a dreamscape you want to be in; a beach for example.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/mnemonic-induction-of-lucid-dreams.html

I hope this helped. The link will explain more!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Jan 2014 19:39

Also, "MILD" is the acronym for "Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams." ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

phxsun1

Postby phxsun1 » 12 Jan 2014 18:25

Thank you CSL505 and Summerlander, I've had a few Lucid dream before, but totally without me knowing what was going on. And at least once I believe I was visited by a friend of mine that had passed on.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 22:24

ah thanks to you both. I didnt actually know what MILD meant.

(Im not up with all the terminology of this as I havent done much reading into all those LD methods. I just use my own experiences with it and what Ive tried and do). At least know I'll know what is meant when someone says they do MILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

CSL505

Postby CSL505 » 13 Jan 2014 18:37

No Problem!

Return to “For Beginners”