Hello Everyone

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
MarkN

Hello Everyone

Postby MarkN » 10 Jan 2014 01:55

Hello from a newbie!
Probably like everyone, I have had the odd 'accidental' lucid dream since my teenage years. Now I have had the World of Lucid Dreaming materials for a month or two, I am hoping to gain control of these, with the aim of understanding some deeper spiritual and psychological elements of the wonder of human life. (I would like some fun as well!)
Within the first week of having the book, I had one spectacular success - a WILD, where I popped straight up out of my body, in my bedroom and raced down the hall, down the stairs, and then right through the front door to the outside! It was incredible, and extremely exhilarating.
Since then it's been pretty lean pickings - with just the odd accidental one!
So I am revisiting all the material with the aim of studying it properly, and gaining better and more effective techniques.
Also, as a Christian, I am curious to explore how our 'child within' relates to God, spiritual realities etc.
Cheers,
Mark

Vonozar

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby Vonozar » 10 Jan 2014 19:45

Hi and welcome to the forum! :) You had a WILD in your first week?! (It sounds like an OBE, but it could still be a WILD) Woah, well done! It sounds like a pretty cool experience you had there. ;) I'm Christian too by the way. :)

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 12 Jan 2014 20:08

The idea of exploring and maybe even contacting god in a lucid dream is really cool-it could teach you so much about yourself and the world!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

MarkN

Postby MarkN » 12 Jan 2014 23:33

Thanks Von! Yes it definitely was an OBE. And I had another one two nights ago!

The funny thing about the one two nights ago was, we had a number of over-nighting house guests, and as I 'left' the bedroom in the dream, I suddenly got a bit nervous in case someone saw me in pajamas! So I deliberately 'changed' the room so that I would feel a bit more comfortable! The scene changed completely, and I was able to proceed in the lucid dream - which ended up being annoyingly short!

Will keep you posted on any spiritual insights. Feel free to let me know any you've discovered - offline would be best I guess, or in one of the other forum categories.
Cheers, Mark

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 13 Jan 2014 04:11

MarkN wrote:Thanks Von! Yes it definitely was an OBE. And I had another one two nights ago!

The funny thing about the one two nights ago was, we had a number of over-nighting house guests, and as I 'left' the bedroom in the dream, I suddenly got a bit nervous in case someone saw me in pajamas! So I deliberately 'changed' the room so that I would feel a bit more comfortable!

Isn't it interesting how we respond to things at times as we would in waking life, even though we know it's a dream? That's funny though, and hey whatever works right? :lol:

MarkN wrote:The scene changed completely, and I was able to proceed in the lucid dream - which ended up being annoyingly short!

Have you learned about dream stabilization yet? Spinning, rubbing your hands together, stuff like that? :)

MarkN wrote:Will keep you posted on any spiritual insights. Feel free to let me know any you've discovered - offline would be best I guess, or in one of the other forum categories.
Cheers, Mark

I'm pretty hesitant about this field of learning within a dream. Was it really God telling me something or revealing something, or was it just my subconscious forming my idea of God that is giving me the insight? I absolutely believe both can happen. I just find that identifying which occurs can be a bit tricky if it isn't made absolutely clear, which can also happen. I have had some instances in which I had a dream, lucid or not, and then at a later time had something happen in reality that made me think "Oh, now it all makes sense. Thanks for that awesome little insight there God!" which is pretty cool. Now I'm sort of rambling. :roll: :lol: I guess what im trying to say is to ponder any insights you get within a dream. They could very well be from Him, but there's also the possibility that they didn't. That's my opinion though. I could be wrong.

MarkN

Postby MarkN » 13 Jan 2014 04:38

I have had some instances in which I had a dream, lucid or not, and then at a later time had something happen in reality that made me think "Oh, now it all makes sense. Thanks for that awesome little insight there God!" which is pretty cool. Now I'm sort of rambling. :roll: :lol: I guess what im trying to say is to ponder any insights you get within a dream. They could very well be from Him, but there's also the possibility that they didn't. That's my opinion though. I could be wrong.

Yes I know what your saying, and I'm being cautious too. Because our subconscious is still us - not someone else, although it seems that way sometimes! And for me, primarily the word of God comes from the external, through the spoken (preached) word or the written scripture, rather than an inner voice. Even though I know God can occasionally speak directly to the heart.

So I'm curious whether our SC has a Christian testimony, as our conscious self does.
Also, in a LD I'd like to ask questions like: "Show me my heart", or "What do you know of God/Jesus?", as I'm curious to know if our SC aligns with our conscious, or whether it has a different perspective.

Interesting times ahead!

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 13 Jan 2014 05:26

MarkN wrote:Yes I know what your saying, and I'm being cautious too. Because our subconscious is still us - not someone else, although it seems that way sometimes!

Exactly. :)

MarkN wrote: And for me, primarily the word of God comes from the external, through the spoken (preached) word or the written scripture, rather than an inner voice. Even though I know God can occasionally speak directly to the heart.

Yes, I agree with that. The word of God is just that. His word. That is where you will find many answers and insights, although He does work in other ways as well. He definitely has used dreams to communicate with me and I have no doubt in my mind it was Him that was responsible for what I learned from it. I won't get into it here, but I'm guessing you probably know what I mean anyways. ;) When I'm not sure about something, I try to look for something related to whatever I have in question in the Bible. That usually sets things relatively straight.

MarkN wrote:So I'm curious whether our SC has a Christian testimony, as our conscious self does.
Also, in a LD I'd like to ask questions like: "Show me my heart", or "What do you know of God/Jesus?", as I'm curious to know if our SC aligns with our conscious, or whether it has a different perspective.

Those are some excellent questions! I'm going to have to try those out, thanks for posting them. :) Before I even knew what lucid dreaming was I would occasionally have these nightmares with demons of varying forms in them. I never became lucid in them, but I would always call out to Jesus for help (which resulted in the demons becoming quite panicked and me loosing my fear) so that seems to hint that the subconscious shares in the same beliefs. This definitely deserves some exploration. Please post what you find or send me a message. I would love to hear about what you find out. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”