Met Sandy from Woodsboro

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

Met Sandy from Woodsboro

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 07:18

Time of LD, just before 4pm (I was resting and fell asleep for 5-10mins)
Method- Spontanous

(there is no Sandy's from there at this website?)

I become partly lucid but dont have my sight but can just feel my body. Im sad about something and then someone suddenly touches me lovingly on my arm. With this touch Im engulfed in an extremely loving feeling so strong I start crying, I can tell its a female who has touched me and then suddenly recognise her energy and I know she's a close friend of mine. Due to the feelings Im now feeling, I touch her in a very caring manner back. (Im not sure of our female relationship to what level it is.. gay? or just very close friends?).

While her hand is still on my arm, as I still cant see from my eyes, I start getting moving imagines inside my head of what I think is her, of times past, She's got sandy light brownish hair to about her shoulders, hair which hangs straight.

I loose the feeling of this female along side me and now Im find myself in a dream scene.

Im in a large room (not in a private house but at a public place.. maybe a hall? hotel?) and there are people all around me talking etc and various things about the room eg I think it may of had a juke box etc. I start to loose the LD (scene faded out) so I focus hard on someone who just walked by and bring the scene clearly back for a moment before it starts fading out again on me. I decide I'd best try to interact with a dream character to try to hold me here.. so I approach the nearest female to question.

I ask her what her name and fortunately she's friendly and replies "Sandy". I ask her where she's from and she says "Woodsbough". At that point I drop out of the dream again so decide to get out of bed to type it down before I forget those names.

Im a annoyed at myself as I didnt think to ask her for a last name so I could of tried took up if there is in fact a Sandy whatever at a place called Woodsbough (thou I do think it was just a dream). Ive never heard of a place called that before. Sandy had an accent (sounded American Accent).

On looking up online for Woodsbough, I found there was 3 towns called Woodsboro which was exactly how the word I heard was pronouced (but I hadnt known how it would be spelt). Coincidently Woodsboro are American towns!, two of them very small towns where everyone knows everyone (according to town info). Now Im even more annoyed that I didnt get Sandy's last name as there is always a chance this could of been a mutual dream (as I was dreaming this while most in America would of been asleep).

Thou if on the very rare chance it was a real expreience, why would I dream of that place and of this Sandy lady.. unless its someone who's aquainted to me from online?). So I need to ask, is there any Sandy here from Woodsboro?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Re: Met Sandy from Woodsboro

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 08:13

Im tried to investigate this further but it appears that Sandy is a common name in America.. the Woodsboro Fire Rescue their assistant chaplian is a Sandy and so is their assistant treasurer (Sandy Nicholson, Sandy Shaffer (and that is just the names at their fire station, I didnt look anywhere else).

Here in Australia Sandy is a very uncommon name, I actually in 42 years only met one Sandy here in Aust. and that wasnt even in person but was online.

So it appears Im out of luck in trying to work out if this dream involved a real person or not...so will have to put this dream down to being an ordinary LD with just the coincidence that I dreamed the name of a town which really was in America and put it down to coincidence that the girl also had a common American name (something I hadnt known).
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 25 Jan 2014 10:20, edited 1 time in total.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 13 Jan 2014 04:22

taniaaust1 wrote:Thou if on the very rare chance it was a real expreience, why would I dream of that place and of this Sandy lady.. unless its someone who's aquainted to me from online?). So I need to ask, is there any Sandy here from Woodsboro?

Interesting dream..It's a shame you didn't get a surname but that may not have yielded a great deal either. With regards to the sectioned I have quoted, do you believe that we can only mutually dream with people we have met/talked online with?
Dreaming is my drug

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 13 Jan 2014 23:11

Interesting. Too bad you didn't get her full name. Do you know what type of American accent she had or in what parts of America these towns are located? It would be interesting to see if that matched up, too. ;) In the part of America I live in Sandy isn't all that common though you hear it occasionally.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 10:23

torakrubik wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Thou if on the very rare chance it was a real expreience, why would I dream of that place and of this Sandy lady.. unless its someone who's aquainted to me from online?). So I need to ask, is there any Sandy here from Woodsboro?

Interesting dream..It's a shame you didn't get a surname but that may not have yielded a great deal either. With regards to the sectioned I have quoted, do you believe that we can only mutually dream with people we have met/talked online with?

I just think it would be far more likely to have a mutual dream with someone we are connected to in some way esp I that person doesnt even live close. Mutual dreams dont seem common but Im open to the idea of having one as I have had one before with my daughter.

Im basically housebound so many connections are all online (except family)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 10:31

Vonozar wrote:Interesting. Too bad you didn't get her full name. Do you know what type of American accent she had or in what parts of America these towns are located? It would be interesting to see if that matched up, too. ;) In the part of America I live in Sandy isn't all that common though you hear it occasionally.

It was what us Aussies find a strong, drawn out kind of American accent. I think it was too drawn out to be an Californian accent (so that would of ruled out the place with lots of peole, leaving me with just the two small towns to do a search for the person to see if real or not).

It could been Texas as they have strong, drawn out accents. I dont know what the Maryland accent is like.

"Woodsboro may refer to a place in the United States:

Woodsboro, Maryland
Woodsboro, Texas
Woodsboro, California

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”