Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Postby TaoTeRazz » 10 Dec 2011 19:14

Hey Everyone,

I'd like to share with you a remarkable dreamscape experience that I had last night. Yesterday I decided to take a break from my typical dreaming practice so I had a few drinks and broke my typical sleep schedule. Despite this, my dreams last night were still very clear and vivid. The one in particular that I want to share exemplifies a phenomena that I've called, Transference - an element of the dreamscape experience that gets expressed within the physical environment. (I don't recall hearing about some one else talking about this type of phenomena but if it has been and there is already an established term for it, please let me know,) Typically, for me, transference has just been emotional but this time, it got physical. In the dream, I had broken my foot and the pain was becoming quite acute to the point that my attention began to return to the physical environment. As I woke up, it was taking me a while to reorient myself which isn't altogether uncommon for me but my foot still hurt and it was confusing me. After a minute or so, I began to rationalize that my foot wasn't broken and that I must just have a cramp that had carried into my dreamscape to create the experience of breaking my foot. But I counter rationalized that the pain was on the top of my foot (around the Cuboid bone and the 4th Metatarsal). But how could I have broken my foot in bed, I thought. I finally reached down and as soon as I touched my foot, the pain was gone. Yeah, seriously right?!? It was amazing! I quickly concluded that I must have just had my first experience of physical Transference. It was unplanned but I now my curiosity is peaked, can I create this effect intentionally? Have you ever experienced this phenomena of Transference, either emotionally or physically? I think that this should be explored much more. The portence and potential is huge.

Nosce te Ipsum

Re: Transference

Postby Intrepid » 09 Jan 2012 17:44

I have experienced this, too. Several weeks ago, I had a dream that my right thumb was hot and uncomfortable while I was handling something...when I awoke, the identical sensation was present in my waking senses, and didn't go away for over an hour. Which is the cause and result is to be determined, but it's still interesting nonetheless =)

Re: Transference

Postby Chronos » 10 Jan 2012 00:38

I've had a dream about a headache, followed by a false awakening with a headache. that's as close as I've come to that. It didn't carry over to the waking world.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”