Help, I need some insight!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Nektarios-Cat

Help, I need some insight!

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 09 Jan 2012 23:47

Hey everyone. I'm new here, a beginner at lucid dreaming actually. So I kinda made an account for this one reason: help? I'm so close to coming into my first lucid dream. But the thing is, when I'm dreaming at night in my bed, I know I'm dreaming. But I can't yet control my movments, speech, and dreamscape... I just don't get it! I've been doing reality checks, sleeping in a straight alignment with a pillow under my knees, and researching about lucid dreaming for about 7 days now...I don't know what else to do but keep doing my checks...
So if any soul out their could help, I would be very thankful~~~
ImageImage~ When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers...
I wanted to live in a dream!!

dreamerboy93

Re: Help, I need some insight!

Postby dreamerboy93 » 10 Jan 2012 00:25

Hi
I'm also a beginner. And I have practically the same problem as you. As I become aware that I'm dreaming it's like I'm just watching everything from someone else's eyes. Last night I tried to spin around in my dream, and it actually worked. You should try that, it might not work, but it could at least be worth a try. Unfortunately I woke up from the thrill, but at least I had a second of control in the dream.

R99

Postby R99 » 10 Jan 2012 06:04

Hey man, to achive a LD u need to do more study about it. Its not about how many days u spend on it. Its about how u try with ur heart. Its a new skill to attain and it need some patients. Dont give up take ur time, also read all the articles from this site Rebecca added a large amount of notes about all our problems and questions about LDs. I hope u get the idea now go get that first LD. Best wishes.
I see the Truth now.

Nektarios-Cat

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 10 Jan 2012 22:48

Thank you both! Thiers no way I'm giving up on lucid dreaming. You can bet that. :D I will also try the spin tonight, I really hope it works. *fingers crossed*

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2012 03:46

I forget my first lucid dream, it happened too long ago.

After that, I might have had a RASH once a year or so. I never kept a record.

Then, recently, I started to take note of them and they come in batches, or RASHES, (to use the correct english word without sounding like it is a disease... look it up!) (a series of things of the same type)

THAT'S MY NEW WORD FOR THE DAY: RASH!

Anyway, what am I trying to say?

I never studied lucid dreaming; It just happened. However, I am 32 and it has been a long process. And, whatever it takes to get your first lucid dream, it is worth it. You will have more. Does anyone else notice that when you have a lucid dream in a night, there is a very high probability that you will have another in the same night? They come in RASHES! (I gotta use that word now!)

But even I, this very morning, was disappointed. Only because I actually tried to have a lucid dream. If you don't try, there is no failure or disappointment. Anyway, I awoke many times in the night, and noticed that all my dreams involved my brother. So as I dozed off, I told myself, If I ever see my brother, do a reality check. Guess what? I had a dream about my brother and I FORGOT! I was so involved like it was real. And there were other things too that were so bizarre, but I never had the "AH HA!" moment. I felt like I was lobbed a slow-moving soft ball and all I had to do was hit it out of the park with my bat. But I was so naive.

Lucid dreaming doesn't amaze me. It's how we can get swept up into a ridiculous dream and still think it is real! That is truly amazing!

SO WHAT DO I MEAN?

BE PATIENT.

AND ALL OF US CAN GET FRUSTRATED AT TIMES.

IT'S FICKLE.

BUT A FUN RIDE!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Nektarios-Cat

Postby Nektarios-Cat » 11 Jan 2012 12:19

That's good info, thank you very much. I'll have to see if my dream journal givess hints to any rashes. *writes down patience*

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2012 05:37

HAGART wrote:Lucid dreaming doesn't amaze me. It's how we can get swept up into a ridiculous dream and still think it is real! That is truly amazing!

This is the problem. The very thing that's makes lucid dreams so amazing is the same thing that makes them difficult to recognize: Dreams are reality. I had to believe it before I could have one. The only way I can tell that I'm dreaming is to detect something that is not a typical experience. If a dog comes up to me that is almost the same height as I am, I must say to myself, "That is not a usual size for a dog, so therefore I must be dreaming." But dreams are not real so instead I examine the dog and yes it looks exactly like a dog, smell the dog and it smells just like a dog, pet the dog and it feels like a dog too, listen to the dog and it sounds like a dog. Then I say to myself, O.K., yes it's a big dog for sure, but IT'S A REAL DOG! Of course when I wake up I say, "You dummy! You should have known that wasn't a real dog!" But then another part of me says, "Yes, O.K. smarty, you weren't even there. You look at the damn dog next time!"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jan 2012 03:54

lucidinthe sky wrote:I say, "You dummy! You should have known

I get that a lot.

I have actually had a dream, in which I was talking to someone, about a lucid dream I had had that very same night, no more than an hour ago, and I was still oblivious!.

But focusing on how and why we become so steeped in a dream in the first place may be another way to realize lucidity.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”