The Ambition of Lucid Dreamers

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Goldkoron

The Ambition of Lucid Dreamers

Postby Goldkoron » 16 Jan 2014 22:16

This is my ambition, but I assume it should be for all other lucid dreamers.

My end goal ambition with my practice of lucid dreaming is to be able to have a lucid dream every night and have that dream last at least 30 minutes. Does anybody else have this ambition or have already reached it?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Re: The Ambition of Lucid Dreamers

Postby Vonozar » 16 Jan 2014 23:57

Yeah, that's pretty much my ambition. I still enjoy a good normal, non-lucid dream, but I love the euphoria of lucidity. I'm still quite a ways off from this right now. Hopefully with practice and with more experience I will get there some day. :)

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 17 Jan 2014 00:03

Same end goal for me as well. I've been working on LDing for about three and a half months now and usually have 2-3 LD's a week.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 17 Jan 2014 04:18

That's my ambition. I also heard a rumor about having dreams that feel like you're in it for days. Not real days, just dream days. If that's really possible I'd love to feel like I was in a lucid dream for maybe uh...two dream weeks. That would be an awesome vacation 8-)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 17 Jan 2014 07:37

Guitar48300 wrote:That's my ambition. I also heard a rumor about having dreams that feel like you're in it for days. Not real days, just dream days. If that's really possible I'd love to feel like I was in a lucid dream for maybe uh...two dream weeks. That would be an awesome vacation 8-)

That would be epic. 8-)

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Jan 2014 07:38

I've had a few of those dreams that last for multiple dream days, I imagine they must last at least an hour in real time, they feel like they last forever.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 17 Jan 2014 07:51

Goldkoron wrote:I've had a few of those dreams that last for multiple dream days, I imagine they must last at least an hour in real time, they feel like they last forever.

Awesome. How did you do them? This is something I'm trying to do, but haven't been successful at all unfortunately. :?

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Jan 2014 08:18

Vonozar wrote:
Goldkoron wrote:I've had a few of those dreams that last for multiple dream days, I imagine they must last at least an hour in real time, they feel like they last forever.

Awesome. How did you do them? This is something I'm trying to do, but haven't been successful at all unfortunately. :?

They come naturally, they are just extremely vivid dreams with a plot and end. A prominent recent dream that lasted multiple dream days for me had a plot that allowed it to go on for a long time before concluding. I actually woke up in the middle of this dream, but fell asleep again into the same dream and continued it.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 17 Jan 2014 08:26

Darn, I was hoping you'd discovered a technique for it. :lol: But still, that's really cool. I hope I experience this sometime soon. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Jan 2014 16:38

The best technique for that: Dream Deprivation. (Not to be confused with sleep deprivation)
I had a few, extremely long doozies myself, not days in the dream, but the actual dream must have been 1:30 - 2 hours long uninterrupted and I remembered the whole thing! (with only a few blanks). Things happen faster and scenes change without the need to travel, so it felt epic. (It was non-lucid BTW)

They happened after a few days or a week of little to no dreams at all. I didn't do it on purpose, but it's something I've noticed. And of course there's a name for it: REM Rebound.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”