Anyone have a Remee?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Vonozar

Anyone have a Remee?

Postby Vonozar » 30 Oct 2013 00:05

I've been researching this lucid dream mask, and the reviews have been a bit mixed. It seems however to be mostly positive. I'd just like to hear reviews from anyone who has used Remee to get a bit more input before I make my final decision. Thanks. :D

lightSleeper

Re: Anyone have a Remee?

Postby lightSleeper » 18 Jan 2014 01:13

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but I'd love to give my 2 cents on this. I've used a remee. Technically speaking its nothing more than a programmable timer eye mask, if you expect anything more please don't buy it. It is quite expensive for what it is. During the time I did have it, I was super excited about lucid dreaming and I definitely did see the lights 3-4 times during the month I used it for lucid dreaming.

Now the funny thing is that I got so used to sleeping with it, that I feel strange to sleep without it. If you ever take naps with eye masks... this is the eye mask for you! Its super comfortable and the circuit board makes the mask totally opaque. Furthermore, the rigidity of the board relieves the pressure off your eyes as it rests over your eye sockets. 90 eye mask... kinda justifiable? Oh... and their customer service is pretty good too. I sent in my broken remee, no questions asked they just mailed me a new one!

I dont know if you're interested, but I saw some news on kickstarter regarding a new mask in the $200 range that actually tracks your eye movement and surface waves! Give that a check :)

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 18 Jan 2014 03:03

Thank you. :) I haven't gotten one yet (a mask of any type) but that helps. Thank you for the review, it's much appreciated. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

DJRSXS

Postby DJRSXS » 28 Aug 2014 05:14

Bump for this, I've been thinking about buying one of these, 95$ is not too bad, and if it helps me have 3-4 more dreams, I'm all for it. Any other experience with these masks?

Bogatyr

Postby Bogatyr » 24 Sep 2014 15:22

I have a remee, I bought one about 4 months ago. I started lucid dreaming practice a little over a year ago and have had pretty good success with lucids: I've had over 60 DILDs and a smattering of a WILD or DEILD here and there (but mostly DILDs). I have had long dry spells in between bursts of LDs and I wanted to get my frequency much more regular and to reduce the dry spells.

I knew going in to remee that it was just a mask with LED lights on a timer, that it had no REM detection. But I thought that since I already practice seriously for LDing, the little boost of the lights would be enough.

I knew that it would take perhaps months of tuning the settings and timings. But with all that, I still have not gotten lucid once off of REMee that I know of.

I didn't notice the lights at all in dreams until I turned them up to full brightness and increased the signal frequency to be very high: every 5 minutes after the initial delay.

The lights have hit right in the middle of a dream only once or twice, "blinding" my dreaming self and waking me up in a panic.

I could probably do more to adjust the timing, but my sleeping schedule is unfortunately not very regular. If I could get to bed at the same time every night and get the same amount of sleep every night, remee may be a bit better for me for LD induction.

As a DEILD alarm remee is pretty good, but I haven't used it much like that. I need to adjust the settings to make the signal be weaker and much shorter for that use.

As it is remee tends to wake me up gently in light sleep, so that helps with doing WBTB and recalling dreams in the first sleep cycles of the night.

But as for inducing tons of LDs, no, remee has not done it for me.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”