New Reality Check?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Xtreme_Walrus

New Reality Check?

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 18 Jan 2014 02:45

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone has actually tested this out before, but I want to know if you guys can help me test this.

My plan is to look at my nose during a dream. My thought behind this is since your brain ignores the fact that your nose is in your field of view. When you aren't focusing on it you can't really notice you nose. So I was thinking that if you try and look at your nose during a dream it may not be there at all or maybe something completely different.

So if you try this out post your results.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

HAGART

Re: New Reality Check?

Postby HAGART » 18 Jan 2014 04:37

I never thought of this. What would happen? I'm trying it now and like many others I can't see it. But what about it a lucid dream? This is actually a really good idea, not as a reality check, but a lucid dream experiment.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 18 Jan 2014 06:21

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I might look a bit crazy going all cross-eyed in public too haha.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Jan 2014 17:15

That's another good idea. I can cross my eyes right now at will. What would happen if I did that in a lucid dream and try to cross them beyond what is physically possible?

I actually did that by accident in 2 lucid dreams when I was looking at things. The two images got blurry and then merged together and refocused again into one image. In one of those dreams I was looking in a mirror at the time and when it refocused again, I looked like I had one eye like a cyclops!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 13:10

It may make your nose go big. I had a LD once in which my nose grow (that happened after I told a lie in my LD.. just like pinoccino thou I hadnt thought of that, obviously my subconsciousness equated lying with that). My nose then ended up getting shut in a door and the DC laughed at me, I got stuck in that door. It wasnt a nice experience.

You may want to think twice before using your nose.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ItsInsanity

Postby ItsInsanity » 08 Feb 2014 11:55

This is how I always do my reality check. Draw a circle on a piece of paper with your eyes close, if its drawn a perfect circle, well you know where you at

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”