Please help me understand. Im slightly terrified.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
onthefringe

Please help me understand. Im slightly terrified.

Postby onthefringe » 19 Jan 2014 11:24

I have all kinds of dreams especially being a long term recovered heroine addict. withdrawals give you some of the craziest dreams ever. that being said, I just had a dream (slightly re-occurring) that something had been extracted from the corner of my eye. It didnt necessarily feel like something or someone took it. Its slightly foggy but i know that it just felt like something had caused a piece of something to leave the corner of my eye. it felt like it had a string attached to it almost like some eye gunk does but it was almost like it was the literal definition of grey matter. And when it was taken, so was my ability to either see or think in a certain process. i woke up feeling like any other lucid dream, that it had happened, but i feel physical repercussions. My eye that was in my dream literally feels raw in the corner. the dream shook me up so bad that i can not shake the feeling that something isnt right. it made me cry but the eye that seems to have been messed with will not produce tears. and i CAN NOT shake this feeling of something not being right. As if something is out of balanance. Either with me or the world around me. Please any answer would be appreciated. I never have this problem no matter how real the dream feels. And ive been looking for answers since it happened and have come up with nothing.

Thank you.

Summerlander

Re: Please help me understand. Im slightly terrified.

Postby Summerlander » 19 Jan 2014 12:28

It sounds like a psychosomatic disorder. The impact of a dream taking an important piece of the observer. It may stem from the fact that you assigned some reality to it at the time. Try to have a lucid dream when you have your eye fixed to see what happens. If you still feel funny in waking life, see your GP about it and explain that you think it may have something to do with your past. The dream almost symbolises withdrawl in my opinion and it could be a reflection of how coming off of heroin has made you feel. I sincerely hope this helps.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

abart65

Postby abart65 » 20 Jan 2014 09:39

I once had a dream, not lucid but very realistic and memorable. I got into an argument with some guy and we somehow got into a fight. By the end of it my head was on the floor and i could feel his foot on me. When he pushed down i could feel my head in the dream crushing together and i suddenly woke up, but i could still feel the feeling of my head being crushed. I could hardly move. It didn't feel painful just like my head was crushed without the pain. What i came to the conclusion of is that my the dream was so intense that my brain simulated the feeling outside the dream. It went away in the morning though. I think you should try dreaming about your eye being all okay and that feeling will go away. It's just our brains acting funny

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jan 2014 11:15

Well put! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 20 Jan 2014 12:12

The again Onthefringe's dream could have been inspired by something really happening to or in his eye. Going to an optometrist and having it examined might be a prudent first step before assuming it's just a dream affect.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 12:38

Those that believe in the etheric body (an energy replication of the physical body) may tell you that it "could" be that something did happen to it. As the physical body is affected by the energy body.. I advise to go and see an eye doctor esp important if an eye isnt producing tears.

On an energetic level.. you can try to heal the energy body by imagining divine light coming in throu your the top of your head and going to any spot in your eye which feels empty or not right, it may help to colour it very very slightly green. Some may feel energy going to that spot. (I had a huge auric tear going down one side of my face and felt like it was being filled up with super glue)

best luck. Make sure you see an eye doc. You could also consider going to someone who can see and heal auras. As a yogi.. we were taught that drugs can damage the auric body and make it more susceptable to things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”