Trouble being aware in dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
rainboy

Trouble being aware in dream

Postby rainboy » 18 Jan 2014 19:42

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited that I picked up this new hobby. I've only heard about this about 5 days ago. And in my dream journal I logged about 11 Dreams. On the 2nd night I was lucid for about 10 seconds. I can't believe that I have so many dreams. I did the MILD before falling asleep and had a DILD.

What I'm having trouble with is being aware in the dreams. I do guided meditation and enjoy walking around in my little garden that I create. So no trouble with visualization. I do the finger through the palm about 20 times a day and always wonder if i'm in a lucid dream. And I'm always reading about lucid dreams, reading in the forums, reading techniques and such.

This morning in my dream I was in a ER room and the nurse told me that by taking this drug I might go into a lucid dream. That should of been a dead give away. I never became lucid. The dream just kept going on.

On another night I had a dream that I was eating with my family on a beach and the beach was warm and the water was alaskan water, freezing cold. I was eating so much food that my nana told me to stop, and I argued that all I had all day was eggs and hash browns. I remembered what I actually had for breakfast that morning in real life. That again, should of been a dead giveaway.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks? Maybe I should just keep at it and time will help?

JonSnowLD

Re: Trouble being aware in dream

Postby JonSnowLD » 18 Jan 2014 21:34

I recently made a post about this with pretty much the same question and the idea of reality checking every time you even think about lucidity seemed like a pretty good answer for me if that helps?

by torakrubik » 16 Jan 2014 23:56

I'd say that the best solution would be to do an RC every time you even think about lucidity.
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

rainboy

Postby rainboy » 19 Jan 2014 19:35

Again I had another dream this morning where lucid dreaming was mentioned in the dream and I wasn't aware.

When I do my RC's in waking life I usually say something along the lines of "If I was in a dream I would be able to push my fingers through my hand, but I cant"

Are there any strong awareness techniques that you guys recommend?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Jan 2014 22:25

Think about where you were 5 minutes ago and how you got to where you are. Do you remember riding in a car, walking, or going up steps to get to where you are. Usually in dreams we just end up in places without needing to travel there. That can help with the realization.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

rainboy

Postby rainboy » 20 Jan 2014 06:05

I see! Thanks so much for replying. I will work on this. :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”