My first lucid dream - layer 1

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GalMutzafy

My first lucid dream - layer 1

Postby GalMutzafy » 20 Jan 2014 06:44

So today I had a wired thing going on in my dream, I woke up (in the dream), and watched like 4-5 times the time at the clock near my T.V for some reason... then, from nowhere the time just like in one second past 5 minutes, so I got up (I still don't know why) and got to my living room.
Then I tought for a second that something strange happend... suddenly I heared my father's voice coming out from a sofa that we don't even own, and a secon later I checked my hands for MILD and I saw one of my fingers really small than usual, and then I realised that I was dreaming, but it was so hazy and it wasn't like I was 100 percent aware, its was like 50-50, I just go excited and instead of doing what I know I supose to do, I just closed my eyes and saw like blue-purple thing, and woke up a few seconds later...
Well it was wired, I wasnt full aware like in real life but I did know I was dreaming and done reality checks and I think it was an awsome experience altough I didn't succeed to keep the dream longer and more lucid.
I hope next time I'll be more aware and less excited like a little boy lol
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Snaggle

Re: My first lucid dream - layer 1

Postby Snaggle » 20 Jan 2014 11:38

When one uses obscure references from youtube videos one should at least reference them and should also tell people what you're talking about. I'll do it for you. Source: Reecejones87, the five layers of lucid dreaming. Jones means by "layer" what would be normally called "level" and divides each layer into minor and major -so he really has ten levels.

Layers

1.1 Zero Minor: one has a lucid dream discussion with a dream; sees a dream sign about lucid dreaming or has a dream character tell one that one is dreaming and none of this makes one lucid.

1.2 Zero Major -something does not "feel right" in the dream; but one still fails to realize one is dreaming.

2.1 One Minor -you realize you're dreaming either yourself or know it when a dream character tells you you're dreaming; but wake up immediately.

2.2 One Major -you realize you're dreaming but have a false awakening or "fade to black" in which one sees images that are like hypnagogia but not hypnagogia. Put another way one loses lucidity after having it.

3.1 Two Minor -one becomes lucid, but the dream characters don't know they're dream characters and one treats the dreamscape as real.

3.2 Two Major -one becomes lucid and the dream characters know they're dream. He's a little confused in his own system here, as in this layer one may not be lucid, but the dream characters are.

4.1 Three Minor -the dream is vivid and stable and one knows the dream characters are dream characters.

4.2 Three Major -the dream is vivid and stable; one knows ones dreaming and the dream characters know they're dream characters. He confuses his system here too by mixing in the unrelated "transcendental dreams" his example being his dream of the sun, in which he joins with it and has an emotionally uplifting experience of oneness with it and oneness with the other individuals who join the union and experience every possitive emotion. Jones does not realize he has just linked with his subconscious [the sun] and that the others joining it are just other subconscious selves -thus he failed to achieve the "greater than waking consciousness lucidity". He was so close to true lucidity too!

5.1-5.2 Four Minor to Four major. I don't remember the distinction he make between these two. his layer four involves: knowing one's dreaming; the dream is vivid and stable; one knows the dream characters are DC and they know they're DC; one has full dream control. He mixes in OBE into this layer too.

Reece Jones system is interesting but defective in several ways. His system is really only about DILDs [Dream Initiated Lucid Dreams] Because he's using DILDs he not aware of what dream/sleep stage he's becoming lucid in. He does not realize that dream characters may not be dream characters but one of ones subconscious selves and one may mind link with them when one finds them and become conscious in two separate selves at once with both being aware of the other. He does not realize that one can be in more that one dreamscape at the same time with no consciousness of any separation between the two selves in the dreamscapes. He also does not seem to have broken the illussion ever of the conscious self and become truly lucid (aka experienced ones full or true mind).

Congradulations on becoming lucid. You did not believe that you were lucid though and did a reality check to confirm you were dreaming.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 20 Jan 2014 14:55

I did refrenced correctly following the youtuber GizEdwards, that posted many videos about lucid dreaming, and one of them is the layers of lucidity, and if I'm not wrong, he said that layer 1 is when you become aware at your dream but you wake up in a few seconds...

But also thanks for the comment it's very interesting to read.
[ Post made via Android ] Image
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

maralana

Postby maralana » 22 Nov 2015 08:57

Snaggle wrote:He does not realize that dream characters may not be dream characters but one of ones subconscious selves and one may mind link with them when one finds them and become conscious in two separate selves at once with both being aware of the other. He does not realize that one can be in more that one dreamscape at the same time with no consciousness of any separation between the two selves in the dreamscapes.

Snaggle, Please tell me how I can learn more about what you're talking about. Is there a book you can recommend that gave you this insight? What you said is very interesting to me.

Return to “For Beginners”