Does lucid dream happens randomly?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Does lucid dream happens randomly?

Postby thenewbie » 21 Jan 2014 10:56

DOes lucid dream happens randomly? After my first lucid dream a week ago i havent had a lucid dream again :D I really want to but i cant really remember after i woke up my dream. does it only happen by a chance? I have read some blog that lucid dream happens randomly. is that true?

Re: Does lucid dream happens randomly?

Postby Summerlander » 21 Jan 2014 11:17

Let's say you can increase your chances of having lucid dreams by employing certain methods. Some people at the expert level describe their practice as being so good that they feel like they can have lucid dreams at will.

It is also true, however, that involuntary experiences occur - even to those who are unfamiliar to the lucid dreaming phenomenon. You can also happen upon a lucid dream after reading about it.

I wouldn't describe lucid dreaming as an overall "random" phenomenon though. You can basically attempt to eventuate certain brain states that give rise to dream consciousness, and, sometimes, the brain stumbles upon such states all on its own.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Re: Does lucid dream happens randomly?

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 12:24

For some it may happen randomly... but for most, they need to work at it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”